cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

simple help with mathcad file

jgrady
2-Guest

simple help with mathcad file

I am having difficulty with opening the attached file with my version of mathcad could some please open the attached file and print contents as pdf? Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:jgrady)

This can open with Mathcad 15.

What version of Mathcad do you have?

unfortunately 7 😞 advocating for new version but don't have funding yet. Could you post a pdf of the file for me?

thanks fred

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

It is not .pdf, can it serve the same?

Bearing pressures part 1.jpg

Bearing pressures part 2.jpg

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Here's the pdf with all collapsed areas opened und some inserted page breaks for better readbility.

I also add the file in Mathcad 11 format - maybe someone with Mathcad 11 can convert it to MC 7 format.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

Attached.  saved as Mathcad 7.

It gets big, because when saving as, everything that Mathcad 11 'knows/thinks' is not supported by mathcad 7 is (also) saved as a picture.

Success!
Luc

Obviously the collapsed regions are not supported.

Would they save as needed if you open them first?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:Werner_E)

I didn't look inside.

Here's another attempt with all (were there three?) areas opened. File is even bigger.

Luc

I think you got all areas.

Not sure why the file is larger. It contains some Pics and Excel tables. Maybe they are stored less efficient in older versions?

There is also a compatibity issue jgrady will have to deal with because the sheet takes "advantage" of the different way, MC12 dealt with local assignments (we have a compatibility switch MC11 vs MC12 in newer versions of Mathcad for that reason).

@jgrady

You will have to manually add a return value to a lot of the calculations. One example:

has to be changed to

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

This document was created in Mathcad 12 version. So you can open it with Mathcad 15 30-day trial version: Thank You for Your Interest in PTC Mathcad 15 | PTC

Top Tags