cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

why this variable is undefined?

ptc-5085502
1-Newbie

why this variable is undefined?

could someone help me to solve it? thx for your help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As Henry already stated your solve block is missing the beginnng "Given", you had a typo (LW instead of Lw) and most of all you mixed up literal (.) and vectorial ([) subscript quite a lot.

See attached

@henry: The vectot V is not a problem as the solve block is turned into a function of V and so its the parameter which is fed into the first two equations and not the vector.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Only spotted a few error,

the biggest problem is your first two equation is redundent because the LHS are both the same, so you only have 5 equation with 6 unknown <---this statement is wrong as WE pointed out in another post

You missed a "Given" in your solve block

and you used a defined variable V, as you parameter in the Trim function. and V is a vector..so your first two constrain has a Vector = a scalor

pay attention not to use the same variable name again in the worksheet

and you have a C.lw that is not defined. I guess it should be C.Lw ?

change your parameter using other name, so instead of Trim(V), do Trim(X) (but thats not the main problem, it is the lack of constraint) .

And I find that you have a few constant that is zero, maybe you should just eliminate those terms if possible.

Message was edited by: henry leung

As Henry already stated your solve block is missing the beginnng "Given", you had a typo (LW instead of Lw) and most of all you mixed up literal (.) and vectorial ([) subscript quite a lot.

See attached

@henry: The vectot V is not a problem as the solve block is turned into a function of V and so its the parameter which is fed into the first two equations and not the vector.

Thx Werner! I did not know mathcad can regonize parameter that way

thankyou very much all..its heplfull for me..im a newbie..i started learn mathcad 2 days ago..hope you teach me in the future..thx

You are welcome, Feel free to ask again if you need help.

Announcements

Top Tags