cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

A better way to catagorize tutorials

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

A better way to catagorize tutorials

I had posted this in the PTC Community Creo section, but wanted to talk about it here.

Is there a way to catagorize tutorials that you have watched, you want to watch, you want to book mark for 3-6 months from now so that when you want to watch it again because you don't use this skill often and you get rusty quick, but a refresher tutorial will remind you what you need to do?

Somehow the it would be good if this could be personalized somehow:

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/2588

Thanks, Dale

5 REPLIES 5

Hi Dale,

Yes, the Training Community is the right spot for posting suggestions and feedback on all things learning. I will make sure our Product Managers for PTC University Learning Exchange will read your suggestion!

Bettina

mgurchenkova
5-Regular Member
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Hi Dale,

Thank you for submitting your ideas!

Regarding the videos on Learning Exchange, you can see the history of you viewed tutorials on “My account” page. You can also "Like" your favorite tutorials, that way they will be listed on you “Liked tutorials” tab on My Account page.

Also, if you are interested in structured learning, we have eLearning courses created by our training professionals. These courses are organized by subject, they include additional materials for practice, and you can monitor your progress on the course, keep history, bookmarks, and take notes. If you are interested, please feel free to contact us for a free demo: http://www.ptc.com/services/training/elearning/request-demo/

Thank you,

Maria

It shows that I have only watched 1 video, and I know that I have watch a whole lot more than that.

.... and also, the thing with having to log into PTC Learning Exchange when I have already logged into PTC Communtiy is confusing. I have already logged in, so why do I have to log in again. (Just figured out the answer to my first question - most of the videos that I have watched were probably when I wasn't logged in, so it doesn't know that I have watched them).

Maybe that is why my history shows only (1) video watched. Then there needs to be a length of time logged into PTC Learning Exchange similar to the extension given to the PTC Community where the bumped the time from 2-4 hours to a whole day so that you are not having to login again and again.

I think this goes to Antonius Dirriwachter point about the capability between sights that when you post a link to a tutorial in the PTC Community, that it doesn't allow you to directly access the video without having to re-login.

http://communities.ptc.com/ideas/4854

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

FYI. I never really saw the my account and the login before today (unless the (1) video that I watched was directly after having logged in to watch another video - not sure)

BTW: I have always had to log in to watch the video, so why didn't it then record in my history that I was logged in and then be in my history?

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Like this.....

LOGIN_LEARNING_EXCHANGE.PNG

I had alreay logged in to "My account" (yes - and hour or two ago).

Thanks, Dale

Top Tags