cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to use Blend or Variable Section Sweep to create an extruded part?

JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member

How to use Blend or Variable Section Sweep to create an extruded part?

Starting from the attached box, having dimensions 7,4,3 mm, I want to use either Blend, Variable Section Sweep with two trajectories, or Extrude up to a datum plane created by specifying three points, to create the attached extruded  part, with the dimensions specified in the image.

After going over quite a few tutorials, I still have no idea how to approach this question. Is there any chance you will be able to guide me through the process using each one of the methods I mentioned? (i.e. Blend / Variable Section Sweep / Extrude)

Thank you! 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

please watch uploaded video.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

please watch uploaded video.

Martin Hanák
JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Thank you so much Martin! Is there any chance you'll be able to upload the video showing the first two sketches (or maybe look at the attached video)? My problem is that I am not able to specify the length of one of the lines to be "6" without creating a line there (and as you can see in the attached video, if I do create a line there, I have a very ugly additional line that doesn't appear in your video). 

Hi,

dimension 6.0 ... I created it manually by selecting endpoint of line and side surface

dimension 2.0 ... I created it manually by selecting horizontal line and top surface

dimension 60.0 ... I created in manually by selecting  top surface and short lineMartinHanak_0-1707073434910.png

Martin Hanák
JJ_10935554
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

I see. The problem is that Creo doesn't let me choose the line endpoint and create another dimension out of it and the other surface.

I will give it another try anyway. 

Thank you 

@JJ_10935554 wrote:

I see. The problem is that Creo doesn't let me choose the line endpoint and create another dimension out of it and the other surface.

I will give it another try anyway. 

Thank you 

Hi,

set top and side surface surfaces as sketcher references (see my last picture again) and use these references when dimensioning.

Martin Hanák

video attached.

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Top Tags