cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Install Creo 8.0 - License failed

KF_10294064
1-Newbie

Install Creo 8.0 - License failed

I was installing Creo8.0 as the guideline mention and I applied the license number and got it as "Successful". But in the next step of that, I couldn't finish because of computer memory. So I cleaned and uninstall a lot of programs and the computer restarted. When I tried to install again it fails my code "BK800908EDSTUDENTEDUNI", but I even received an email on the first time trying. Could you please help me? I couldn't found any similar anwser in the student forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:KF_10294064)

@KF_10294064,

I believe, at first time when you entered Product Code during installation the license file with name "BK800908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat" must have been created at "C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing". Please check on your machine.

If it is present then, run reconfigure.exe (as administrator) available at "<Creo Load Point>\<Datecode>\<Application>\bin​" and point to the license file path.
Find below image for example:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rghadge
15-Moonstone
(To:KF_10294064)

@KF_10294064,

I believe, at first time when you entered Product Code during installation the license file with name "BK800908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat" must have been created at "C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing". Please check on your machine.

If it is present then, run reconfigure.exe (as administrator) available at "<Creo Load Point>\<Datecode>\<Application>\bin​" and point to the license file path.
Find below image for example:

Hello, I really appreciate your help!
In my case, "BK800908EDSTUDENTEDUNI_license.dat" was created at "C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing" as you mentioned, but when I tried to install again it was showing as not available. So, I deleted the file from C:\ProgramData and started all again and it worked. Thanks a lot! 🙂

Top Tags