cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Planning to use Creo Elements/Pro with Windchill?

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Planning to use Creo Elements/Pro with Windchill?

Hi,

If you are planning to use Creo Elements/Pro with Windchill, you'll need to use the latest version of Creo 1.0 Schools Edition.

PTC will be announcing Creo 1.0 Schools Edition in the next (2) weeks. This new version is fully compatible with Windchill 10.0 (https://firstrobotics.ptc.com/Windchill) and will give you the full CAD connectivity you need to work in Creo and Windchill. Look for an announcement on this forum with details on how to download and obtain licensing for this new exciting release of Creo 1.0 Schools Edition.

6 REPLIES 6
skarlsruher
1-Newbie
(To:sm)

Hey Scott,

Sounds good, but like was said in the workshops, may be too late to change and be effective for FRC season! Learning the changes from "wildfire" to Creo plus loading up the team's machine with Creo 1.0 would be a pain. And as models are not backwards compatible, can not work in mixes-mode.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:skarlsruher)

Yes, I completely agree. This path is only required if your team is already skilled at CAD and has been working with Creo connected to Windchill. If you are not planning to work with Creo connected to Windchill at https://firstrobotics.ptc.com/Windchill, then there is no need to move to Creo 1.0.

We do have some teams that are ready to make the move and have been working with Windchill, so we wanted to give them as much advance notice as possible.

I can say that we're going to Creo 1.0 and I'm quaking in my boots! I might be an extremely busy mentor the first few weeks after kick off!

Whoops, that was my alter ego posting! Yes, that Josh and this Josh are the same person. Just stuck with two accounts and sometimes forget to switch when posting here.

JoshH
3-Visitor
(To:sm)

I haven't seen that announcement yet...

4 more days to kickoff.

sm
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:JoshH)

Posted today as an announcement

Top Tags