Yes we love surveys. Until we had this space this was our main way to hear what you were thinking about the eSupport Portal. That's how we realized that our previous search engine was not meeting your expectations : we rolled the new one just a year ago and since then,the number of feedback related to the quality of the search results dropped significantly. That's also how we realized that our new License Management tools or our article feedback widget needed a refresh (both are currently in progress and we will share more about this in the near future...)
So, is the survey going away now that we have this community space ? Not really : the survey still allows us to evaluate in a factual way how you perceive the eSupport portal and how successful you are when you visit us. So let me tell us a bit more about how things work
- Whenever you visit the eSupport Portal, you might be sent a survey by email the next day, but not everytime : 1 survey per month per user max.
- For those of you who never done it in the past, it just takes 2 minutes to complete it
- When you submit the survey, if you leave a comment, it is shared with the right person in PTC in charge of this area of the eSupport Portal, and if you check the "I would like to have a follow-up on my comment", someone will get back to you! So it's a significant amount of work for us, but whether it's positive or negative, we read all of them.
- As we start identifying patterns and clusters of feedback, we start planning changes on our eSupport Portal roadmap
- After the change, we use the surveys to monitor the impact of the changes based on what you tell us.
So yes, we love surveys, so please keep answering them !