Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get rid of notifications shown on support.ptc.com page

SOLVED
Highlighted
Emerald III

How to get rid of notifications shown on support.ptc.com page

On the top of support.ptc.com some notifications are display - see below.

notifications.png

A few weeks ago it was enough to click on the cross and the notifications disappeared permanently. Now they reappear after window refresh.

Does anybody know how to get rid of these notifications ?

Thanks for any comment 🙂

Martin Hanák
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to get rid of notifications shown on support.ptc.com page

Time 22-Nov-2019 6:45 CET (Prague)

Problem with permanent Alerts display has been solved.

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

I have the same problem too.  No matter how many time I click the "x", they keep coming back.  I think clearing the browser's cache, downloads, history, etc. might help, but I really don't want to erase that stuff...

I just tried with Firefox.  Clicked the "X" to remove them all, then logged out of support.  As soon as I logged back in (never closed the browser), they all came back.  Ugh.  @Heidi, any suggestions?

The same happens to me for all browsers
Marco

@Jaime_Lee 

please can you suggest who can I contact to report the issue ?

Martin Hanák

I tried contacting Heidi directly but her email bounced making me think she's no longer with PTC.  I'm not sure who else is monitoring the eSupport area here on the community...

@TomU   you are correct, Heidi has moved on.  I will send an internal note to her team, and see if someone can reply to this thread.  @MartinHanak   Thank you for tagging me!

@Jaime_Lee wrote:

@TomU   you are correct, Heidi has moved on.  I will send an internal note to her team, and see if someone can reply to this thread.  @MartinHanak   Thank you for tagging me!

Hi,

thank you for answer. I look forward to further information.

Martin Hanák

@TomU , @MartinHanak

Our systems team has been investigating this issue over the last weeks and the initial fix submitted did not address the problem. As a measure to protect the experience with the portal, I've temporarily brought down the banners (the grey boxes with visuals). Alerts are still in place, due to their critical nature, and we're working to have a solution which will allow users to cleanly dismiss both item types as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Peter.

@PeterCase wrote:

@TomU , @MartinHanak

Our systems team has been investigating this issue over the last weeks and the initial fix submitted did not address the problem. As a measure to protect the experience with the portal, I've temporarily brought down the banners (the grey boxes with visuals). Alerts are still in place, due to their critical nature, and we're working to have a solution which will allow users to cleanly dismiss both item types as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Peter.

Hi,

thank you for sending explanation. I would welcome the option to configure both banners and alerts. I don't need to see information from areas that don't interest me.

Best regards

Martin Hanák
Announcements
Register Now!