cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

New KB Article Feedback Widget

TomU
23-Emerald IV

New KB Article Feedback Widget

The new KB article feedback widget at the bottom of the page needs some cleanup.

1. I'm guessing 'AFwidget_Label_Dismiss' is not the intended button name.
  2. 'Top' is positioned off the bottom of the page. (Look at the bottom right corner.)

TomU_0-1659384712171.png

9 REPLIES 9
olivierlp
Community Manager
(To:TomU)

Thanks for the note. We are looking into this. 

Olivier
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:olivierlp)

@olivierlp,

I sort of wish 'Something is wrong in this article' just said 'Provide Feedback' instead.  It leaves one unsure how to proceed when trying to provide feedback or additional information, but nothing is actually wrong with the article.  An article can be incomplete or improved without necessarily being wrong.

cmorel-2
13-Aquamarine

@TomU 

Thanks a lot for the suggestion and feedback. We are actually looking at improving our Article Feedback widget. We are currently running an AB testing with a new variation  with the following 2 options: This is what I needed / This article needs improvement. The experience you have with the widget is indeed not the expected one (you should only see the "dismiss" option) instead of 'AFwidget_Label_Dismiss' and Top. the issue is being handled by the team in charge of the Article Feedback Widget. Thanks.

Camille 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cmorel-2)

@cmorel-2,

I've been hesitant to press the dismiss link because I don't want to so permanently hide these that I can't get back to them when I do want to provide feedback.  If I dismiss them, is there still a way to get back them later?  Is the dismiss article specific or for all articles?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The Dismiss seems to apply to that article only but it is 'recorded' so if you open a new session and retrieve that same article, you do not get the option to add improvement comments. I have 2 PTC accounts so by logging into the second account I could add my comments to the article.

Maybe there should be a reset after 7 days on an article for the comments.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

My preference would be to dismiss them so I don't see them at the bottom of every article, but still have the ability to access the widget with a flyout or something when I do want to provide feedback.  I look at probably 20 - 40 articles every day, so having this bar constantly present isn't helpful most of the time.

cmorel-2
13-Aquamarine

Hi, the dismiss button will hide the Article Feedback widget for a 24h period for the article in question. If you click on dismiss while reading an article this won't hide the article feedback widget for the other articles. As for now, there is no possibility to hide the article feedback widget for all articles viewed by a user. It needs to be done at the article level.

Thanks

Camille 

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:cmorel-2)

@cmorel-2,

I'm not sure who is responsible for responding to these feedback messages, but it doesn't seem to be the article author or anyone actually knowledgeable about the product.  This is the second response I've recently received where the person responding didn't even know enough to remove the internal instructions before sending the response back.  (The highlighting is not from me - it's exactly how I received the message.)

TomU_0-1659702444943.png

I have no interest in opening a case just to get the attention of the article author.  The actual article author would immediately understand the issues raised in the feedback and be able to address them without a new tech support case being created.  Please make sure the feedback is actually getting to the people responsible for the content of the article and knowledgeable about the product.  Thanks.

cmorel-2
13-Aquamarine

@TomU 

Indeed, it looks like there is an issue with the answers you received. I have contacted the authors of these articles and they should get back to you shortly.  Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experience with us. It is definitely highly valuable. Thanks

Announcements

Top Tags