cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

TS Case Comments - No Email Notifications

TomU
23-Emerald IV

TS Case Comments - No Email Notifications

Is there any way to get notified any time someone from tech support adds a comment to a case?  I automatically get notified when I add comments to a case but the same doesn't happen when tech support adds comments.  I've had cases where I've seen nothing for months only to find out later when looking through the case history that the technician kept adding comments but I was never notified.  I'm pretty sure this is not an email issue on my end since I do receive email notifications anytime I create a case or add comments myself.

Here's an example from one of my cases.  I didn't receive a single email notification for any of these:

Is there some way to change this so I always get notified of any case activity via email?

6 REPLIES 6
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I
(To:TomU)

The same issue happened to me for some cases in the past.

I already written to the engineer assigned to my case, but nothing has changed.

Marco
PeterCase
16-Pearl

Hi Tom Uminn

When you subscribe to a case you get an email notification if there is a change of:

• Status
  • Severity
  • Escalation level
  • Case Owner

The status change is the important one for this case. If an engineer has sent a suggestion or is otherwise requiring something from you, they will set the case status, usually from either <Working> or <Information Received> to <On Hold / Awaiting Customer>.

You can configure the subscription to "All cases I have opened" if you'd like this to be your default preference.

Is this more problem of the status not being updated, as Marco mentions, or an issue with the tools ?

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

I would also like to get an email when the engineering adds a comment to a case.  I do get an email when I add a comment to a case (and clearly I already know that I was the one who added it), but I don't get an email when an engineer adds a comment to a case.  This is what I would like to change.

Peter,

take a look at the comments I wrote on this case on March 3rd and 17th.

https://support.ptc.com/apps/case_logger_viewer/auth/ssl/case=13572616

I didn't receive a couple of comments wrote by support engineer assigned to this case, and discovered what he wrote only looking online at the case.

Marco
mwaite
10-Marble

Happens to me all the time.  They are waiting on me for something and I have no idea they asked for it.

kpark-2
13-Aquamarine

I completely agree.  It would be helpful to be updated when a comment from the TSE is added.  Unless you go in and look at the comments you don't know if there has been any progress.

Top Tags