cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Tech Support Subscriptions - Best Practice Articles - "Knowledge Hub" Documents

TomU
23-Emerald IV

Tech Support Subscriptions - Best Practice Articles - "Knowledge Hub" Documents

Over the last several days the daily email subscription has contained many entries for new "Knowledge Hub" articles.  What's odd is that these same articles are showing up day after day as being 'New'.  Normally a page/article is only marked 'new' the first time it's published and then 'updated' at each subsequent release, but for some reason these knowledge hub articles seem stuck at 'new'.

One example (there are dozens every day):

TomU_4-1638212890929.png

TomU_3-1638212833908.png

3 REPLIES 3
Pierre_M
14-Alexandrite
(To:TomU)

Hi @TomU ,

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for letting us know. @PeterCase  and I will be looking into this to understand what happened and make it stop !

Hi @TomU  and @Pierre_M

Sorry for my delay getting back to you on this question. We've back-tracked through the notifications and found that the root cause is the Created Date on the articles themselves. In the example you shared, the created date is unexpectedly incremented by interactions on the article in our CRM system:

PeterCase_0-1638878413442.png

The code we use to deliver notifications simply checks this value (so you will have received another "new" notification for CS357330 on the 5th December, which should instead have been an "Updated" notification). 

We're working with the CRM team to understand what changed and whether the issue should be addressed at source, or whether we should read the created date from another parameter on the article. I'll share timelines for a fix soon.

Thanks for making us aware of the problem,

Peter.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:PeterCase)

Sweet!  Thanks!

Depending on what the solution is, we may need an option to unsubscribe from just 'Knowledge Hub' articles.  They are overwhelming the daily update emails right now.

Top Tags