cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

An Assembly Drawing is in Released State i.e. Design Workflow is Completed now How NC Programmer work on that model?

kkumar-7
1-Newbie

An Assembly Drawing is in Released State i.e. Design Workflow is Completed now How NC Programmer work on that model?

I have an Assembly let it be X is in Released state means Design Process/Workflow is Completed. Now, NC Programmer wants to work on that model  but not able to checkout the Model because it is in Released State. So, How Manufacturing Process Initiated So that NC Programmer will able to work on that model and Design Part not get affected.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:kkumar-7)

The NC programmer should create his own assembly file and bring in the engineering released model as a component. Then he can create toolpaths in his manufacturing file without changing the engineering model.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The NC programmer should create his own assembly file and bring in the engineering released model as a component. Then he can create toolpaths in his manufacturing file without changing the engineering model.

Thanks Ben Loosli for Response.

NC Programmer has Created a NC Machining File and Since he is using Design Model as reference model for his NC File their is no any association link between Design File and NC File.

1. How do we identify that NC file is part of that reference model?

2. Can we Create Association Link with reference model part to NC File part?

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

The Where Used tab in Windchill under Related Contents should show the manufacturing file when the engineering model information is displayed.

Thanks, Ben Loosli 

Top Tags