cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Creo New licensing

egnesi
2-Guest

Creo New licensing

we ordered a new creo license for our 3 pcs and 1 laptop computer. The license is configured as flexnet licensing server. Two PCs are normally using flexnet server to obtain license within the network. My question is, for the notebook, can i configure node-lock license mode with the same license.txt file? if yes supplie me in details that how can i configure it right way. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:egnesi)

If the laptop is never used off the network for Creo, it is configured just like the desk machines.

If you need to take the laptop offsite and use Creo, then you need to consider what option you want to use.

1) Borrow a license from the server for whatever length of time the laptop will be off the network (in days).

2) Reconfigure your licenses so you have 3 network licenses and 1 dedicated license to the laptop.

Thanks Ben. But i am not an expert of  creo licensing. Can you please help me to do it step by step. i want to go 2nd option. Configure a dedicated license for the notebook and other license for 3 network connected PCs. thanks very much.

Hi,

I suggest you to contact your PTC reseller and explain him what you need to do.

MH

Martin Hanák
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:egnesi)

You will need to work with whomever you get your license files from.

Basically, you will need 1 license file for the 3 desktop machines and a second license file for the laptop.

I do this directly on PTC website through license management tools, but your reseller will know the proper method for you.

Top Tags