cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Hiding curves on NX and SolidWorks models using Unite.

ssuttle
7-Bedrock

Hiding curves on NX and SolidWorks models using Unite.

Does any one know if there is a config option or some other method that will hide cureves on models brought into CREO from NX and Solidworks using Unite. We do not want to have to save the models as new CREO models. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
magnus.salomons
14-Alexandrite
(To:ssuttle)

Unless you do any geometrical changes you can still save the model without creating a new Creo part. I can add new layers or use my mapkey to create standard layers and save the Solidworks model without creating a new Creo part. I can also do a simulation in Creo Simulate and save the analysis.

Note, as soon as you open NX or Solidworks files using Unite a 'translation' file is created. It has the same name as the original file with the extension .creo e.g base.SLDPRT.creo

It's within this file that all additional data is stored and what the name of the original file is plus information about this file.

Magnus,

I assume then that the translation file gets saved into Windchill on an upload? It looks like there is a problem with Windchill and Import Profile that PTC is looking at.

magnus.salomons
14-Alexandrite
(To:ssuttle)

Yeah they will be saved automatically and you won't find the files as they are saved as hidden files. You will need to be on PDMLink 10.2 M030 or higher otherwise you will get an error message "Attempt to save hidden content failed because it's not supported by the server".

Please note that you will need the Creo Collaboration Ext Creo Collaboration Extensions | PTC otherwise it's pretty useless. If you don't have the extension the model will never get updated in Creo if there's a change in NX.

Magnus,

Do you know if there is a way to get rid of the wrapper file once you check the file in. It looks like if you never check it into Commonspace you can remove the file from your Workspace and it also removes the wrapper file. Once you check it in it also checks in the wrapper and I am not sure if you can delete it. Or do you just have to come up with a way to update the wrapper file with your start info you want put into it.

Top Tags