cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Assembly mode, pick the parent, not the child

pshepherdson
9-Granite

Assembly mode, pick the parent, not the child

Hi All,

is there a config setting, so that when I do my assemblies, i can pick the assembly, and not the part / child of the inteded sub assembly?

I have an assembly, and in that assembly I have parts and other 'sub assemblies'. I'd like to click on a part (of the inserted sub assembly), and have it select the whole sub assembly, as it was brought into the main / larger / master assembly. I want to pick / click / select the sub assembly part, and not have to 'click - select parent, click select parent, click-slelct parent' all the time. A few times, i go too far and the thrid or fouth 'slect parent' gets me to the top of the assemlby chain!

Yes, i can pick the sub assembly from the assembly tree, but with 100+ parts / sub assemblies, I never remeber the part No., and contstatnly scrolling up & down in the list is tiresome. That part (assembly), there, is what I want..

I have a lot of panels with PEMs & such. I have a few sub assemblies; weldments, as well. And I just want to grab that assembly / part with one click. It is how it was bought into the main assembly.. In my mind, that's how I should select it, not the individual sub-sub component

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:pshepherdson)

I don't believe there is a setting. Best answer other than the already mentioned right click select parent is right click - pick from list to get the query select box to come up. It gives you a complete list of everything "behind" the mouse pointer.

Not really what you are after but maybe another tool to help you move faster.

Top Tags