cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Automatically go to sketch view and open reference window after selecting "command" and selecting sketch plane

ptc-4168940
1-Newbie

Automatically go to sketch view and open reference window after selecting "command" and selecting sketch plane

Hi all,

If I remember correctly, in WF5, any time you selected a command, such as extrude, revolve, etc., and selected your sketching plane, the references and/or sketch setup dialogue window would open (I can't remember which, if not both). After verifying or selecting the desired refernces, it would then atomatically go to the sketch view. What options in my config file do I need to add so that when I choose extrude or revolve and select my sketch plane, the sketch setup window opens, then the references window opens, and then lastly, it auto-rotates to the sketch view? I have setup mapkeys for some of these (such as "sv" for sketch view), but would like to streamline it a little bit more.

Thanks,

Sam

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6
Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:ptc-4168940)

This is from WF5

This is for the 3rd request - automatically orienting the sketch to the sketch plane.

sketcher_starts_in_2d

Defines initial model orientation in Sketcher mode. Yes -

(2D orientation) Looking directly at section (sketching)

plane. No - (Orientation unchanged) Sketch directly on

the 3D part.

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Could this be another?

feature_create_auto_begin

In feature creation, determines whether or not the

Define button is automatically activated when you open

the dialog box. Yes - Button is activated automatically.

No - You select the button

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Possibly the other?

feature_create_auto_ok

In feature creation, determines whether or not the

system activates the dialog box OK button automatically

when the last required element is defined. Yes – Button

is activated automatically. No - You select the button.

Thanks, Dale

nmalik
5-Regular Member

I had the same issue. Use "sketcher_starts_in_2d yes" and it will do just that.

Well Dale, I've hd those both set to yes for a long time now, and it still requies you to pick whether you want to define an internal sketch or use an existing sketch. I WISH it automatically went to a sketch, but.....

Frank,

I got those out of the 128 pg pdf that you linked to on a Jun 14 post. I was searching to see if I could find things that would be relevant.

Dale

Top Tags