cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Checked out license won't return after specified check out period.

dspeer
1-Newbie

Checked out license won't return after specified check out period.

Hopefully I can find an answer to this problem here,  one of the Creo users at work borrowed a license over the weekend the license was supposed to return this past Sunday at 11:59pm.  However, when I run ptcstatus the file is still showing as borrowed.  We are running Creo 2.0 M110.  I am not sure what version of FLEXLM we are currently running, as that is taken care of by our IT manager.

Thank You

6 REPLIES 6
Domen
14-Alexandrite
(To:dspeer)

Use the following procedure to return license (this works for Flexnet 10.8 or higher):

1. The user who borrowed license should be connected to license server. And than he should run Command Prompt (CMD)

2. Write the path where Creo is installed, let say: C:\PTC\Creo 3.0\M040\Common Files\x86e_win64\obj

3. Check the status of borrowed license: lmutil lmborrow -status

4. Return the license by writing next command: lmutil lmborrow -return -c 7788@<server_name> <feature_name>

For example, if my server is called SERV1, and I have borrowed license PROE_EssentialsI, write down:

lmutil lmborrow -return -c 7788@SERV1 PROE_EssentialsI

5. When this is completed, check the status of borrowed licenses again.

dspeer
1-Newbie
(To:Domen)

We tried this however the error given is saying the license is not borrowed. error.jpg

I know our version of flexnet is new enough that this should work,  I also tried installing date code m110 for creo 2.0 this didn't help either.

Dan,

run ptcstatus on license server, too. This step will tell you, whether the license has been returned.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

When I access the server and run ptcstatus the server still shows the license file as being checked out.  However,  the user cannot run this license file while disconnected from the network.

Domen
14-Alexandrite

There is a second method how to return borrowed license.

On the users computer go to:

Windows Start > Run... > regedit > HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > FLEXlm License Manager > delete Borrow key

On the server:

Stop Flexnet service.

Go to the folder C:\ProgramData\Macrovision\FLEXlm\ > delete file ptc_dborrow.

Start Flexnet service.

Check the ptcstatus. The license should not be borrowed anymore.

JamesAvis
13-Aquamarine

If it truly isn't borrowed, but it is just showing up as such you might be able to use ptcflush.  From the command line in Creo, or using the command line in Windows navigate to the parametric/bin folder in Windows.  The command is pretty straightforward.  Use the info you have from ptcstatus to fill it out.

ptcflush [feature] [license server] [port] [handle]

So for this user in ptcstatus:  (user@Workstation)    PROE_EngineerIV flex_host_1 7788 12345

the command would be:  ptcflush PROE_EngineerIV flex_host_1 7788 12345

Keep in mind that by default you can only use this command once per day.  It does not work on borrowed licenses (it calls it a linger license, got to love PTC's naming consistency across functional areas) but perhaps yours is not truly borrowed anymore.

Top Tags