cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Creating taskbar shortcut and maintaining correct config file

cedroneg
6-Contributor

Creating taskbar shortcut and maintaining correct config file

Hello,

We use a custom config file and point to it at startup with a desktop shortcut. I have tried creating a task bar to accomplish the same thing but when I open from there it just loads the default config file that came on install. Does anyone know of a way to point to it from the taskbar? I am using windows 10 if that matters. 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm using Windows 7 and don't know if they've changed the functionality of the "pinning" of things to the taskbar. I make sure the desktop shortcut is working properly (i.e. the "Start in" specification is correct and refers to the location of my custom config file), then drag it into the taskbar. It "pins" it there, and I can thereafter start up Creo using my handy taskbar icon.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I'm using Windows 7 and don't know if they've changed the functionality of the "pinning" of things to the taskbar. I make sure the desktop shortcut is working properly (i.e. the "Start in" specification is correct and refers to the location of my custom config file), then drag it into the taskbar. It "pins" it there, and I can thereafter start up Creo using my handy taskbar icon.

cedroneg
6-Contributor
(To:KenFarley)

Thank you! I was starting creo and then right clicking the icon to pin it. Dragging the shortcut from the desktop to pin it worked. I don't know why I didn't try that before. 

Top Tags