I've installed Creo 1.0 on my machine (Win7 64 bit desktop), starting with F000 and now bumping up to M030. With M030, I had to agree to 2 UAC prompts when I launched Creo 1.0 for the first time, one for the thumbnail viewer and one for the 'Creo platform'. These appeared after Creo launched. I think this has been covered before. Annoying, but once they are done Creo seems to run & launch fine after with no UAC prompts.
I'm rolling Creo 1.0 M030 out to my users so we are prepared when we need it and on the first install (Win7 64 bit, laptop), Creo will not even run. I've verified that my custom install batch files seem to run fine with no errors, and even tried going to the install folder and launching parametric.exe directly. I get the prompt to choose a license configuration, but once I do - nothing. Parametric.exe or xtop.exe (is that still valid?) do not appear in the task manager. I was logged into the laptop with the domain admin account and it is plugged in to the network. I get no error messages either.
Could this be related to the need for the UAC prompts? On my machine, those did not come up until after Creo 1.0 launched, on the laptop I'm not even getting that far.
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
You may want to try installing the thumbnail view and creoagent on each machine. The msi's are here: <loadpoint>\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M030\install\addon
You may also want to add this registry entry on the clients. (I didn't have to do this for Creo 2.0, not sure about Creo 1.0) Check to see what it is on your machine. This is from Creo 2.0 so your mileage may vary.
* RMB on parametric.exe and selecting 'Run As Administrator'. No change. * Installed the add ons directly from the <loadpoint>\Creo 1.0\Common Files\M030\install\addon folder. No change. * Tried RMB on parametric.exe and selecting 'Run As Administrator' again after running add on installs. No change
Any other ideas? I'll put in a call to PTC, but I can't do so until I can get some access to his machine for an extended time period.
1) Run Creo as administrator first time. This should install the 2 missing components.
2) You can set the environment variable APPL_STARTUP_LOG true. This will create an applstarter.log file on C:\ showing what happens during launch of a given configuration, in other words, debug what happens during the execution of the .psf file. You will need write access to the root of C:\ for this to work, so run as administrator might be helpful here too.
Had Creo 1.0 M020 installed, then did the upgrade to M030 and creo started fine, Then run my batch scripts and creo wouldn't start, turned out that one of my scripts still pointed to the M020 folder which was no longer there
Also the Parametric.psf file needs to be for the correct datecode, mine was from the m020 which also seemed to stop Creo running