cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo 10.0.5.0 always starts with server offline

Dobi
15-Moonstone

Creo 10.0.5.0 always starts with server offline

I just installed Creo 10.0.5.0 (from 8.0.10.0 and 9.0.9.0) and am noticing that on each launch Windchill is offline unless I manually go to Server Management and uncheck the "Offline" box. 

All of the settings from 8.0.10.0 and 9.0.9.0 are unchanged and neither one of those versions had that issue. 

What do I need to do to have it start with Windchill online?

6 REPLIES 6
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:Dobi)

Hi,

did you set the PTC_WF_ROOT environment variable differently for the mentioned versions in parametric.psf file?

For example:

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\PTC_WF_ROOT_Creo8

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\PTC_WF_ROOT_Creo9

ENV=PTC_WF_ROOT=C:\PTC\PTC_WF_ROOT_Creo10

Martin Hanák
Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

I did not. 

It's using the same PTC_WF_ROOT as Creo 9. Creo 9, in turn, used the same .wf location as Creo 8. 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

personally I find it necessary to set PTC_WF_ROOT variable so that each version uses its own directory.

Martin Hanák
Dobi
15-Moonstone
(To:MartinHanak)

This looks different than the usual cache version change behavior when I set different PTC_WF_ROOT locations. I'll give it a try though.

Dobi
15-Moonstone

Changing the location has no impact. Creo still launches with server in offline mode. 

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

@Dobi wrote:

This looks different than the usual cache version change behavior when I set different PTC_WF_ROOT locations. I'll give it a try though.

Hi,

my last tip ... contact PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags