Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creo 3 silent install

Creo 3 silent install

All:

I am running Creo 3.0 and trying to install Parametric on a handful of machines. Found the install guide and tried setting up a batch file to run the install silently and remotely. It worked on Creo 2.0 but I am unable to get Creo 3.0 to install. I can show you guys my batch file to run it but it is nothing special and mirrors the one that is working. I was just informed that the licenses servers are having some issues but would that keep this from installing?

SW: Creo 3.0 M100

%~dp0setup.exe -xml %~dp0xml\sim.p.xml -xml %~dp0xml\pma.p.xml -xml %~dp0xml\creobase.p.xml

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Creo 3 silent install

This is my code for parametric.

What you see is all variables that need to be predefined.

start /wait "" "%InstallCreo%" -xml "%xmlcreobase%" -xml "%xmlpma%" -destination "%creo_install_point%" -licensesource "%LICENSELOCATION%"  >nul 2>&1

Highlighted

Hello Joseph,

Could you show what each of your variables are pre-defined as I am going to be creating a silent install soon and this would greatly help me out.

Thank you.

Regards,

Thom

More variables

We do separate commands for parametric, simulate, etc.

Set InstallCreo=%InstallPathLoc%\MED-100WIN-CD-400_%Creo_DateCode%_Win64\setup.exe

set xmlcreobase=%InstallPathLoc%\%Creo_DateCode% XMLs\creobase.p.xml

set xmlpma=%InstallPathLoc%\%Creo_DateCode% XMLs\pma.p.xml

Set LicenseLocation=7788@XXXXXXX1;7788@XXXXXXXX2;7788@XXXXXXX3

I will try this out but what is weird is that I have another package of Creo 3.0, different Organization and version (M010). My same code still works (different verions of the xml files) and installs it correctly. I am not sure.

The xmls are what is doing it. Every few date codes they change the XMLs enough that you can't reuse them by replacing the datecode numbers. For instance, M100 cannot be used for M110. I learned this the hard way. PTC removed PTC from their Creo names for the installs. I guess a minor rebranding of sorts. Anyway, this prevented my M100 XMLs from working. If you have code that did work and now doesn't, do a manual install and grab the new XMLS and try again.

I did the manual install and got the current XMLs from each versions install to do the silent installs and it worked for the M010 but not for the M100.

try my code...

One of the best guides that I have used for uninstalling and installing CREO is located here Anaheim Best Rated Presentations, it is the PDF on top of the list titled CUST110_Creo_Admin_101_Haigh.pdf.  I used it for CREO 2 and am now using it for CREO 3 with a few minor changes to fit my needs for upgrading from CREO 2 to CREO 3.

I read through Anaheim Best Rated Presentations CUST110_Creo_Admin_101_Haigh.pdf but didn't understand all of it.

Would someone do a very easy to understand, step by step guide, on how to deploy CREO on clients in a network please. I would really appreciate that.