cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Creo Simulate - Thumbs Down

ptcuser11
1-Newbie

Creo Simulate - Thumbs Down

So I was excited to learn about the increased non-linear capabilities for Creo Simulation. However, when trying to use it today I have run into several problems which are all too familiar with PTC product. First, geometry that would mesh fine in WF4 will not mesh in Creo Simulate. Nice. Furthermore, I am provided with the all informative ambiguous error message “Problems were encountered…”

So I decided I would try to launch independent Mechanica to see what the problem is with the geometry. Well good luck with that. I don’t have a clue where it is installed. I tried launching Creo Simulate from the start menu and received an error stating the Application cannot find any valid *.psf files. After running setup twice the error still exists. Therefore, I hunted down the elusive independent Mechanica bat file:

"C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo 1.0\Common Files\F000\mech\bin\mstruct.bat"

However, then launching it I receive “unknown licensing error #26”….whatever that is. I have a license for the independent version of Mechanica and the license is up-to-date, so I am totally clueless as to what this is/means.

Yes, I have filed support tickets with PTC, but I am not looking forward to explaining myself 40 times to an individual I will barely understand.

Two years of development PTC and this is the final product? Not impressed.

Try this PTC…save your marketing money by not renaming Pro/Engineer every 5 years and pour the saved $$$ into development.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags