cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Creo on Mac Running Windows 10

sdesaulles
3-Visitor

Creo on Mac Running Windows 10

OK, I know this isn't a popular topic in the PC world of Creo, but here goes.

Anyone doing this successfully?

I have the slightly older Retina MacBook Pro with 1Gb graphics card - it runs OK on Windows 10 at ½ native resolution, scale it to full res and it crashes a lot. plug in an apple 27" display and use just that (laptop display switched off) and its super glitchy and crashes.

Call support and they sort of mock such a small graphics card, although be fair, Creo 1 & 2 ran just fine on a 256 and the 512 older macbook.

So, I thought I would try my Mac Pro, it has 2x AMD 700 6GB cards, so 12GB dedicated graphics, combined with 64GB RAM which is not inconsiderable, but guess what, crashes just the same. Again, Solidworks runs just fine.

I think it worked much better with Win 8.1 (the lowest Windows that can install on the Mac Pro - personally i'd go back to XP, at least that worked efficiently!) but can anyone confirm this?

Its quite an undertaking to ditch the Windows 10 and roll back both machines and all the settings to Windows 8.1 (not like Mac where you just pull everything back off Time machine, oh no, this is "real computing")

Thanks for any advice.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags