cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Curious when Creo Parametric 4.0 will be available

pimm
14-Alexandrite

Curious when Creo Parametric 4.0 will be available

I watched a webinar earlier this week that showed Creo 4.0's enhancements and I'm anxious to give this a try.

Does anyone know when this will be available?  It appears to be available but isn't in the software downloads area yet.

If you already have the upgrade how is this going for you?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:pimm)

Hi Paul,

PTC is in the process of updating many accounts so Creo 4.0 is available to them.  Because this process is still running, some customers may not see Creo 4.0 on their downloads page yet.  We are hoping this process will be completed by the end of the day.  Thanks for you patience.

Regards,

Mike

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Marco_Tosin
21-Topaz I

Hi Paul,

look at today comments in this discussion Creo 4.0 Splash Screen - PTC would like to show your designs to the world.

Marco
pimm
14-Alexandrite
(To:Marco_Tosin)

Looks as if it should be out, but there might be a snag in distribution.

Guess I'll just check back periodically.

msmith
14-Alexandrite

Hi Paul,

PTC is in the process of updating many accounts so Creo 4.0 is available to them.  Because this process is still running, some customers may not see Creo 4.0 on their downloads page yet.  We are hoping this process will be completed by the end of the day.  Thanks for you patience.

Regards,

Mike

asweeney
3-Visitor
(To:msmith)

Has anybody gotten their hand on Creo 4 yet?? Still not showing up for me.

Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:asweeney)

Not showing up for me yet either.

msmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:Chris3)

This process took longer than expected. For anyone still not seeing Creo 4.0 on their downloads page, please ensure you are selecting the link to Order or Download Software Updates and not the link below by SON.

creo4download.png

asweeney
3-Visitor

Its there for me now - doing install from the web and almost complete.

Any idea when we can order the physical DVD's?

msmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:asweeney)

Hi Adam,

The physical media DVDs are typically made available for order about a week after the electronic downloads.  Please check back at the end of next week.

Regards,

Mike

asweeney
3-Visitor

Thank you.

Also there is a license error popping up for me. I had the new license issued this morning.

#################### FLOATING License ####################

# Serviceable = Creo Essentials

# Feature Name = PROE_EssentialsI

# Feature Version = 35.0

# Number of Copies = 1

# Expiration Date = permanent

CREO4_LIC.PNG

Hi,

open your license file and look for string Could. Remove it if it is possible.

Today I solved similar problem. In my license file there were three INCREMENT blocks containing locked ISODRAW licenses. When I removed them, problem disappeared.

MH

Martin Hanák

No such thing exists in the license file - I have done a complete reinstall of Creo and uninstalled everything from the older versions tat got left behind along the way for the past two years of upgrades (the most difficult being smpd-intel-4.0.3.009-x64.exe from the M040 release). I have tried using both versions of the license file generated this morning and the error still pops up. If I click on renew and log in, I get a "Fatal Oracle Error" (See below).

Capture.PNG

Hi,

I do not know what is the exact purpose of Renew License button. Therefore it does not make any sense to click it .

Unfortunately Creo 4.0 is looking for license information differently than Creo 3.0. Therefore it reports problems that are not problems. I guess that in your case Creo 4.0 looks into license file and also somewhere else - maybe LICENSE_FILE environment variable (or another one containing string LICENSE) is set on your computer and pointing to license source containing word Could.

Suggestion: Contact PTC Support and ask them to explain/resolve your problem.

MH

Martin Hanák

‌a fresh install on a new machine with the same license file does not exhibit the error so it's likely something residual from Creo 3.0 

I have to assume the update license button updates the license much the same as logging in during the install to retrieve the license.

all good now. It was time to upgrade hardware anyway.

Hi,

if it is possible, please can you publish the specification of your new PC ? Hopefully I will get new machine for Creo 4.0, too...

MH

Martin Hanák

There was actually an environment variable that pointed to an old license file that no longer existed. I removed this variable, rebooted and ran reconfigure.exe to point the server at the right license and all is good now.

Hi,

I've just successfully installed Creo 4.0 but I haven't received a 4.0 product code. I've tried the only product code I've found, that was in a pdf entitled "PTC Creo 3.0 – University Student Standard – Quick Installation Guide", but this is for Creo 3.0, and obviously, it didn't work.

A few minutes ago I've received an e-mail from - saying "Thank you for your interest in the PTC Creo 2.0 Student Edition. Attached is a backup copy of the license file that was downloaded during the initial installation of Creo 2.0", and curiously, the file attached is for Creo 3.0.

So, where can I get a compatible License File or Product Code for Creo 4.0 M010, which I've just downloaded and installed?

Hi,

I guess that PTC still did not release Student version of Creo 4.0. Nobody knows when it will be ready to use.

MH

Martin Hanák

I still can not see a download for Creo 4.

Hi,

I think you have to contact PTC Support and ask them to update your licenses to Creo 4.0. When this process is finished, you will be able to download Creo 4.0.

MH

Martin Hanák
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Why?  The gui in creo 3 isn't painful enough for ya Paul? 

I mean, you don't actually expect that they FIXED the issues, do ya? 

Top Tags