cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Dashboard loses connection in a browser

STEVEG
21-Topaz I

Dashboard loses connection in a browser

I am logged in to the Performance Advisor Dashboard on PTC's site.  Whenever I leave the browser alone for a short period of time it loses connection.  For instance: If I select to show one of the users it opens in another tab.  Then if I get called away, or just get on another task temporarily, and come back  then I see this in the user list.

PA_error.jpg

This happens in both IE9 and Chrome 42.

I can do a refresh.  Sometimes the info comes back and sometimes it doesn't.  Most of the time in IE the screen goes gray on a refresh.  Then I have to close that tab and reopen it after a fresh of the previous tab.  Most of the time in IE I have to close all the tabs and open the Dashboard again to start all over.  Chrome seems to work better but it still loses connection.

In Chrome I will also get this error.

PA_error2.jpg

Any idea why this happens or if it can be fixed?

6 REPLIES 6
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:STEVEG)

I guess nobody knows.

Hi Steve,

Sorry about my late reply, I was researching the situation a bit. This issue, where you see the red triangle when the browser goes idle, is know to our developers. They are working on a solution to the problem, and i will be sure to publish an article tracking the defect. Once the article is ready, I will post a link on this thread.

For now, i believe the workaround is to refresh the browser as you noted,

- Dan

Thank you Dan.  I am interested in what you find.

Dan,

Any update?

Dan this is the same issue it looks like that i emailed you about a day or so ago.

Here is the article tracking this issue: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS228017&lang=en_US

The development team is working to catch up on SPRs at the moment.

Thanks for your patience,

- Dan

Top Tags