cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Embedded Browser Issues

jflynn
5-Regular Member

Embedded Browser Issues

On a brand new install of Creo, I'm having an immediate issue with the embedded browser...

The contents of all tabs in the embedded browser are shifted to the right so that a portion is cutoff. Resizing the window only changes the amount of white blank space to the left of the content. I don't have Windchill setup currently to see if it is affected as well.

issue1.jpg

I've done some quick Community searches and haven't seen any similar issues posted in the past. I've also tried some config.pro modifications to see if I could fix it myself to no avail.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Set the override high dpi scaling behaviour drop-down in the application properties to "System".

This option is only present in build 15063 onwards (officialy released yesterday), for prior versions you have to do stuff which involves messing around with application manifest files.

4-58dee24e8ee4a.jpg

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jflynn)

What build of Creo?

What browser?

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Creo 4.0, IE11

What Windows version ?

Martin Hanák
jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

Win 10 Pro

Hi,

put following option into config.pro and test Creo.

WINDOWS_BROWSER_TYPE  CHROMIUM_BROWSER

MH

Martin Hanák
jflynn
5-Regular Member

I've tried that both through Creo and manually editing config.pro....

issue2.jpg

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Did you restart Creo after the edit? It's not a change that can happen when Creo is running.

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:dschenken)

I've been restarting Creo after every config.pro edit, and then reconfirming the change in the config.pro file.

dschenken
21-Topaz I

Too bad about restarting - such an unusual case. Only other thing is to be certain there's nothing in the config.sup that is stomping your changes.

I would also look to see if there is anything in the trail file and error.log files about starting the browser. I've also had luck with cleaning out the browser caches when the browser goes stupid.

I'd also try creating a "test.html" file containing "Hello, world" and then putting that in as the URL. Then look at the page source in the browser (I guess you can do that) to see if there's a clue about the source of problems.

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:dschenken)

Not familiar with config.sup... I did a file search in the Creo 4.0 folder and only picked up *.png files.

I couldn't find any error.log files. Clearing the cache had no affect. I haven't been using IE anyways (Brand new laptop, and I'm a Chrome user).

I'll try the test page when I get a chance, and update.

nkamal
5-Regular Member

It resolved my issue. Thanks

dnordin
15-Moonstone

Have you tried to reset the zoom?  Use CTRL-0 (zero).  It's worth a shot.

Dan N.

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:dnordin)

Just tried, didn't work. It doesn't really look zoomed in to me. It's like the HTML code is adding a large "filler" section. See below... the page header stretches all the way across....

issue3.jpg

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Local machine install or network install of Creo?

If local, try removing Creo, cleaning up the registry of any Creo traces and reinstall.

If it is a network install and only you are  having problems, check in all files, remove all workspaces and clean up the pdm10 folder. Actually do that if local, too.

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:BenLoosli)

Local machine. I'm the first one with Creo installed on a brand new laptop. When I get a chance, I'll try to reinstall and clean registry.

Pretty sure this is due to running on a high-dpi display. I haven't yet found a way to fix it (and have instead forced Creo to be scaled up by Windows as I'm running on a laptop - this is easy in Windows 10 1703). Probably best to log a support case.

You could try having the browser in a separate window

web_browser_in_separate_window yes

jflynn
5-Regular Member
(To:jbutler-2)

This sounds like it might be the issue (high dpi display). How do you force Creo to scale up?

The separate window didn't work ...

issue4.jpg

Set the override high dpi scaling behaviour drop-down in the application properties to "System".

This option is only present in build 15063 onwards (officialy released yesterday), for prior versions you have to do stuff which involves messing around with application manifest files.

4-58dee24e8ee4a.jpg

jflynn
5-Regular Member

Well, your suggestion sort of worked! I upgraded to build 15063, and without changing any DPI settings, it was fixed!

issue5.jpg

Thanks John.

Is this F000 or M010?

CF_2717623
4-Participant

Thank you so so so much !!
This saved my day !

A applied this modification on the file parametric.exe, and it solved all my troubles !

All our users can now be on Chromium, no more shift between the mouse location and the clic location after having moved Creo from a screen to another.

Karolina_K
4-Participant

Hello, I am having a similar issue. What do I have to click/type in to get to the screenshot you have shown? I'm not the best with computer stuff. Thanks!

CF_2717623
4-Participant
(To:Karolina_K)

Hello Karolina,
you just have to right-clic on the file "parametric.exe", then go to "properties".
The file should be in a folder like  c:\.....\creo x.x.x.x\Parametric\bin

I'm not so sure about the folder, because our installation is a little bit customised.

Make sure you are using chromium with the line

windows_browser_type chromium_browser

in you config.pro

Top Tags