cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

FORMAT VS DRAWING SETTINGS

mslotty
5-Regular Member

FORMAT VS DRAWING SETTINGS

I have a .dtl file saved for/with my formats (when I was creating them) they over-ride the Creo Default font sizes in some instances.

When someone starts a new drawing using my format, does their .dtl file on their C: drive over-ride my formats' settings or is the format the trump?

IE:

If my co worker's .dtl file designates the default font size as the Creo default (0.15825 or whatever it is) and my format's default is at 0.125, which size will the font be on the drawing they start with my format?

Thanks,

Z

Bonus points:

Is there a way (via config.pro or some other setting) to permanently UN-check the box "Use Default Template" (see attached image)

Thanks (2X)

Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tdowney
4-Participant
(To:mslotty)

If you start with a format, the setup.dtl file that is called out in the config.pro file is used to determine, font size, etc.  If you start with a template, the setup.dtl file is embedded in the template.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
psobejko
12-Amethyst

Not sure about your format / dtl questions.

We use windchill, so the SOP is to make a drawing using a drawing template.

Our template drawing is does not have a format on it.  The format is applied as a separate step.

In our case, the drawing template settings persist (format does not have an effect).

Well, regarding the bonus question:

use config.pro option:

force_new_file_options_dialog yes

mslotty
5-Regular Member
(To:psobejko)

tHANK YOU!

Kevin
10-Marble

The settings saved with the format should be the values that they see initially. They can still change the values or load another dtl file to change the values. I don't recall if there is a config option for controlling the use of the default template check box.

Hi,

1.)

There is config.pro option FORMAT_SETUP_FILE. It enables you to set path to .dtl file, which is used by system when you create new .frm (format) file. For example text height is applied to text created inside format.

2.)

There is config.pro option DRAWING_SETUP_FILE. It enables you to set path to .dtl file, which is used by system when you create new .drw (drawing) file. For example text height is applied to text created inside drawing.

In case that you create new drawing using template, the above option is ignored, because all detail options are defined inside template.

MH

Martin Hanák
tdowney
4-Participant

If you start with a format, the setup.dtl file that is called out in the config.pro file is used to determine, font size, etc.  If you start with a template, the setup.dtl file is embedded in the template.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:tdowney)

I was just creating some new formats and decided to test this behavior.  I can confirm that the detail options in a format have no impact on the detail options of the drawings referencing it (new or existing.)

• New formats, new empty drawings, and new drawings with format use the values from "dwg_stds.dtl".
  • New drawings created from templates inherit the detail options from the template (existing drawing.)
  • Changing a drawing's format (or reapplying the format) has no impact on the detail options.
Top Tags