cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Format (.frm) not saving

dtapia
1-Newbie

Format (.frm) not saving

Whenever I create a Drawing in Creo 2.0, I use a company format to write information about the part I just created.

Before, when I had Creo 1.0, whenever I would save my drawing, Creo would save also the format in a specific folder.

For example, I would create a folder name "tool0001" and a drawing named "bolt0001" with format "frm1" ; "frm1" is located in a main folder for all compnay users named "main".

Whenever I would save my drawing "bolt0001" into folder name "tool001", "frm1" would be saved there as well.

Now, when I create a new drawing for a file, and I use "frm1" as a format, and I click save, the software does not save the format into the "tool0001" folder, and I am forced to change the sheet setup and embedded the format into the drawing everytime I open the file.

Is there is a way to fix this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst
(To:dtapia)

Check your config.pro file for the following option

PRO_FORMAT_DIR

It should point to the directory where the format files are stored.

This way you don't need to save the format file in the working directory.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I believe this is standard practice for Proe & Creo, saving the drawing does not save the format. However, if you do a file > backup it saves everything needed for the drawing (drawing, model(s) and format) into the target folder. Try using the backup command instead of just save or save as.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
jsarkar
1-Newbie

save your file to following folder Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\formats.

David,

check if config.pro you use in Creo Parametric 2.0 is the same as config.pro you used in Creo Parametric 1.0.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags