cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The community will undergo maintenance on October 16th at 10:00 PM PDT and will be unavailable for up to one hour.

Format (.frm) not saving

dtapia
1-Newbie

Format (.frm) not saving

Whenever I create a Drawing in Creo 2.0, I use a company format to write information about the part I just created.

Before, when I had Creo 1.0, whenever I would save my drawing, Creo would save also the format in a specific folder.

For example, I would create a folder name "tool0001" and a drawing named "bolt0001" with format "frm1" ; "frm1" is located in a main folder for all compnay users named "main".

Whenever I would save my drawing "bolt0001" into folder name "tool001", "frm1" would be saved there as well.

Now, when I create a new drawing for a file, and I use "frm1" as a format, and I click save, the software does not save the format into the "tool0001" folder, and I am forced to change the sheet setup and embedded the format into the drawing everytime I open the file.

Is there is a way to fix this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
GabrielZaha
12-Amethyst
(To:dtapia)

Check your config.pro file for the following option

PRO_FORMAT_DIR

It should point to the directory where the format files are stored.

This way you don't need to save the format file in the working directory.

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

I believe this is standard practice for Proe & Creo, saving the drawing does not save the format. However, if you do a file > backup it saves everything needed for the drawing (drawing, model(s) and format) into the target folder. Try using the backup command instead of just save or save as.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
jsarkar
1-Newbie

save your file to following folder Creo 2.0\Common Files\M100\formats.

MartinHanak
24-Ruby III

David,

check if config.pro you use in Creo Parametric 2.0 is the same as config.pro you used in Creo Parametric 1.0.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags