cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Gotta love it...

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Gotta love it...

User got this message while accessing Windchill using the embedded browser in Creo earlier this week:

[cid:image001.png@01D0687C.C9BD6390]

That may be my second favorite PTC error message.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
18 REPLIES 18

Well... the problem is obvious, don't you think????
They just need to add the "Not OK" button and they'd be good to go!!!

How about a "Make it right!!" button?

Scott Pearson
Senior Designer
CAD System Administrator

[cid:image004.png@01D06876.CB8B5480]S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E(r)
Space Science and Engineering Division
Space Systems Directorate
Department of Space Engineering
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:DonSenchuk)

What if it's actually the user's fault? I think it should say:

What did you do? We are going to change your username to dumba$$.

Steve G

That could work.... But it's not a cool and a "Not OK" button
🙂

Maybe an "I Give Up..." button would be appropriate.

<g>

Scott Pearson
Senior Designer
CAD System Administrator

[cid:image006.png@01D06879.B9EB6E10]S O U T H W E S T R E S E A R C H I N S T I T U T E(r)
Space Science and Engineering Division
Space Systems Directorate
Department of Space Engineering
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238

Or for all you "old school" dudes.
DONE
DONE
DONE RETURN
DONE

Us "old school" guys would create mapkey for that, and assign it to one of the function buttons (F2).
And I would throw in 6 more DONE's just to be safe.

In Reply to Bob Schwerdlin:

Or for all you "old school" dudes.
DONE
DONE
DONE RETURN
DONE

LMFAO.... Been there done that.... I think there was one more Done between Done and Done....
Thanks so much....

"That may be my second favorite PTC error message"

What tops the list?

Back in the old days we used to get this error message occasionally:

it was usually followed by this:

Happy Friday!

-Glen with one n

"Could not intersect part with feature"
On Mar 27, 2015 9:03 AM, "Mueller, Stefan" <->
wrote:

> “That may be my second favorite PTC error message”
>
>
>
> What tops the list?
>
>
>
>
>
> *From:* Senchuk, Donald [

I REALLY LOVE when CREO or WF shows you a round that you are about to put into your model. It highlights the round feature and shows you just how it will look once you hit the green check button. Great! So you press the green check button and CREO takes the round feature away and say, “Cannot create round feature”. It’s PTC’s way of saying, “Just messin’ with you, sorry”.

I love that one.

Happy Friday.

Bob

I remember learning Unigraphics at uni: after completing a command, you had to select Cancel otherwise you just went round the loop for the same command again... you could do the same thing several times before realising!

Jonathan

This reminds me of something I started and never finished.

Hi Bob,

Can you send me the data where you are seeing this? I'd like to run it by development.

Generally, if an attached preview is shown for a feature, the feature should be able to be created properly. However, in order to generate the attached preview as quickly as possible, we do take some shortcuts in the generation code. This can occasionally result in a successful attached preview, but the feature fails when it is fully generated.

That said, the more we learn about these kinds of cases the better we can handle them, so I’d appreciate a chance to see the data.

Thanks!

Don Breda

In Reply to Bob Schwerdlin:

I REALLY LOVE when CREO or WF shows you a round that you are about to put into your model. It highlights the round feature and shows you just how it will look once you hit the green check button. Great! So you press the green check button and CREO takes the round feature away and say, “Cannot create round feature”. It’s PTC’s way of saying, “Just messin’ with you, sorry”.

I love that one.

Happy Friday.

Bob

Don,

This surely happens to me on occasion. Bob is not alone... I will try to remember to send you an example the next time I see it.

Nate

body{font-family: Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;font-size:9pt;background-color: #ffffff;color: black;}
Bob, et. al.:
Often when I see such behavior WF/Creo CAN create the round, just not as a solid. In these cases you can still create the round as a surface and then patch the offending bad area (usually where the round terminates) with a little surfacing magic. Then you can solidify the surface round. This is one advantage with PTC products that when a round fails, there is another way out.
Regards,
Jeff

In Reply to Bob Schwerdlin:I REALLY LOVE when CREO or WF shows you a round that you are about to put into your model. It highlights the round feature and shows you just how it will look once you hit the green check button. Great! So you press the green check button and CREO takes the round feature away and say, “Cannot create round feature”. It’s PTC’s way of saying, “Just messin’ with you, sorry”.

I love that one.

Happy Friday.

Bob

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I have sometimes switched to surface rounds when the solid round feature fails. The round surface feature may be put in the model, but more often than not, I am not able to either patch or thicken the quilt. I usually end up making smaller round sets, or break the rounds into several round features and then try using transitions. Sometimes other “games” need to be played like making most of the rounds for example R.062” but some of the rounds need to be R.061” or perhaps R.070” or R.050”. It just slows you down. Sometimes fighting the software to do what you want.

Bob
Top Tags