cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

How do you save and keep Option settings in Creo?

dellens
3-Visitor

How do you save and keep Option settings in Creo?

I am a new user of Creo. There are some settings that I wish to save and keep, but I'm not sure how this should be done.

In Environment Options there is a place to save Working Directory. I have tried on different occasions to save a different location for my Working Directory, what is the trick to getting this to stick? It stays until you get out of Creo.

Also I would like to modify some of the Config.Pro options. When this gets saved where should it be saved to? There doesn't appear to be a logical place to save this.

32 REPLIES 32
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:akelly)

Editing the config.pro files using the GUI has drawbacks, like copying all config settings to your personal file.

I still use notepad for editing the config.pro files. 

If I am just playing within session, then I will use the GUI, but not save from the GUI to disk.

My rule of thumb is to keep the local config.pro as simple as needed. If you have different settings than what the other company users have, ask yourself why? Mapkeys is the exemption.

Yes, I do have some experience! Started sys admin with Unigraphics in 1987, moved to Pro/E in 2001, but did both UG and Pro/E until 2005.

Hi,

OK, the general consensus here is to copy the short-cut to your desktop, then alter the 'start in' directory to point to where you want to grab your Config.pro.  then, its either manual or a macro to redirect Creo to the proper working directory.  We, for whatever reason, seem reluctant to use the config.sup for company wide standards.  This seems to have something to do with the fact that the config.sup file needs to live on each person's machine.  So, a master copy kept somewhere, then copied to each machine, each time an update is made..

Some here seem to have also created a mapkey to reload their intended config.pro once the last [company standard] config.pro is loaded.  This is to either add to or overwrite a few preferences.  (of course, the map key seems simple, but I'm baffled that there is no real easy way to reload a config.pro file from the ribbon or some sub-menu..)

My only worry is that doing so this way, runs the risk of overwriting a company standard.

We use a network install of Creo, so all users are automatically using the config files that I pit in the /text folder. No copying files, everyone has the same set of files, etc. If they add a local config.pro setting that causes issues, it is easy to debug by having them rename the file and relaunch Creo. No issues, they caused their own problem, if they still have issues, then it is reboot and try again. At this point 90+% of my user's problems have resolved themselves.

Top Tags