cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to display the file path in drawing page?

jvadalia
4-Participant

How to display the file path in drawing page?

Hi everyone,

Please help me adding the full file path name in drawing print out. Is it a printer setting or creo config's setting?

Let me know please.

11 REPLIES 11

Hi,

I think Creo does not have such functinality. Please attach a picture and show us where do you want to place your full file path name.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
jvadalia
4-Participant
(To:MartinHanak)

Hi,

Want to place full path on bottom of the 2D drawing file, for the ease of access.

Hi,

please create an example drawing (place note containing file path to appropriate location) and publish a picture of the drawing. I need to see what exactly you need.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

We use the "poor man's PLM" with all our tool designs housed in their respective folder with access managed by

Windows security, so we set the config.pro option file_open_default_dir to "working_directory"  We need this information printed so the toolmakers know where to leverage the electronic data if so desired.

I appreciate the end result shown in your JPG image.  Did you manually place this text?  Or is there some code that you are able to use file_open_default_dir like a parameter?

I placed it there manually.

The solution proposed by PTC is in my opinion is about the same effort (or more) as manually placing the path at the bottom of the drawing:

"Create a user-defined parameter in the model, enter the path manually and then call out that parameter in drawing note"

They seem to have no appetite to address this very functional feature request, which stated below by jvadalia is offered by AutoCAD and works exactly as requested above.

Thanks for the feedback.  We are also going to place it manually.  I did try the custom parameter, but it is way too many clicks and mouse motions for something so trivial.  I may build it into the template at some point, but until then we are manually pasting the text too.  I'll also find time to search the link from StevenW in the customization forum,

I could name several other CAD programs that have this capability built in, Creo being the only one I know of that doesn't.  There are numerous missing features that seem so basic, and you either have to be a Creo programmer or know someone.  To me this suggests a disconnect from the product supplier and the customer.  For the past year Creo has been my primary tool, but I'll be more reserved in future interviews when Creo is the primary CAD tool.

jvadalia
4-Participant
(To:ClintWalton)

Hi,

That option i have already used which shows the full file path adjacent to file name.

But i want to add the path at the bottom of the drawing file and that should display in the printout.

Such functionality is available with AutoCAD, But i am unable to find it for CREO or PRO/E.

You as PTC Employee can forward the issue to the development team.

Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:PM_10036006)

The functionality is not supported in creo. There maybe some customization methods. Search the customization forum https://community.ptc.com/t5/Customization/bd-p/customization

There is an existing product enhancement request, you can vote on it.

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/A-Creo-parameter-of-the-working-directory-path/idi-p/782489

Don't "expect" implemenation

Top Tags