cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

How to find duplicate unique ID

SM_10398034
4-Participant

How to find duplicate unique ID

Please include detailed documentation such as screenshots, images or video.

NDI ERROR: two dependencies have same uniqueID "".

SM_10398034_0-1691072584634.png

1. What version of the software are you running?
CREO 5.0.4.0

2. What is the problem?
I get the error:    NDI ERROR: two dependencies have same uniqueID "".

But have no idea how to find these two dependencies that are generating this error.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SM_10398034)

Try the solution in this post:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/3D-Part-Assembly-Design/Getting-NDI-error/m-p/202845

There is also this procdedure

• Resolution #4: Drawing has invalid dependencies / CS28858
    • Remove invalid dependencies in problem drawings:
      1. Set config option cleanup_drawing_dependencies yes_cs_not_required
        • Note: This is a hidden config option so will not be found if searching in the Add Option dialog
      2. Retrieve the drawing in session from a workspace
      3. Backup the drawing local disk
      4. Erase the drawing or layout from the session
        • Only the drawing, not dependents, via File > Erase > Current
      5. Retrieve the drawing from local disk
      6. Select Remove or Yes to remove the unwanted, missing dependents from the drawing or layout  

1. Save to Workspace
  2. Select to continue when prompted about Object of the same name already exists in the Workspace (to overwrite local version)
  3. Set config cleanup_drawing_dependencies no
  4. Upload and Check-in
SM_10398034
4-Participant
(To:StephenW)

Thanks - but I've read the post associated with the link provided - and that clearly identifies the offending part, while the error I received does not.   The second solution appears to be related to drawings (my error is associated with an .ASM model.)  Ideally, I'd like to follow the first procedure to attempt to resolve the issue - but I don't know how to find the dependencies that have the duplicate unique IDs.  Any thoughts on how I might find that out?  It seems CREO can do it, and lets me know, but doesn't want to share this info???  Greatly appreciate the help.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:SM_10398034)

I've dealt with these over the years and I don't remember having one that didn't say what model was the problem. These are extraordinarily frustrating errors even when you know the problem file(s). I'm going to suggest to leave this post here and open for discussion but also open another post on the windchill forum, since the error is associated to windchill. https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/bd-p/Windchill 

You might be able to work thru which file(s) are causing the issue based on check in. Check in lower level parts/ assemblies until you find the one that won't check in/upload. 

We still have a list of files that may have this problem that when changes are necessary, we don't just let anyone work on them, has to be someone who knows how to jump thru the hoops.

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: PTC Control Center and Creo+ Portal

Top Tags