cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to save customizations

mlinetti
1-Newbie

How to save customizations

I'm starting to customize my interface and coomands, with the settings (file>settings>background, system, etc...) i din't have any problem, i made my changes and when i close and re open creo the settings are the same. Instead, with the customizations (file>customize...>keyboard shortcuts, etc...) when i make some changes and close creo the next time i open it the customizations are all restored to default and i can't find a way to save my custom keyboard shortcuts and others. How can i save these customized options?

I've been searching for hours how to do this but i found nothing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
11 REPLIES 11

For your interface customization, your config.pro must contain this option :

load_ui_customization_run_dir yes

and your creo_parametric_customization.ui file must be in your start folder. You always have to start in this folder.

You can select your start folder by editing the properties of your creo shortcut.

For your keyboard shortcuts, you have to make macros and save those in your config.pro

And for configuring your ui, you have to know that you must apply modification for each interface : assembly+part+drawing+sketch...

Hi,

you are in this forum:

Creo > Creo Elements/Direct and not in Creo parametric

Mattia do you ask for Direct Modeling (Version?) or Direct Modeling Express 6.0 ?

There are a lot of predefined shorcuts.

Dit you use some of them?

Keyboard.jpg

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

Sorry, my bad.

Why, your answer is certainly in order.

The trouble lies in the similar names and that the people writes only Creo and not the rest.

I wish that we could see in every post a description of the applications used by the author.

That would simplify things.

I placed this in my skils.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

I know there are a lot of shortcuts but i want to change some of them to make 'em the same as on other programs.

Btw my question is valid for both elements express 6.0 and elements direct modelling 19.0 (or 18, not quite sure), i'm training with express before switching to the complete version the next week in my new job.

Hi,

do not know how you have previously tried to change the shortcuts .

did it like this and it works.

You have to modify or delete an existing shortcut  before you can use it for another command.

Example:

You want to assign for "Delete Face" CTRL+O, but that is already used for Load.

So switch to Filing Load. Remove (greyed out) is not available, so choose another free shortcut.

Then switch back to Delete Face.

Now you can choose CTRL+O  for the command.

To explain. I have a German keyboard, therefore stands in my pictures Strg instead of CTRL.

All customisations for the shortcuts are saved in for example:

Path to Application Data\PTC\Creo Elements Direct Modeling Express 6.0\60.0\sd_shortcuts.acc

Hope this helps

Best regards

Keyboard2.jpg

That's exactly what i'm doing and after that they work fine, but when i close and open creo all the shortcuts get restored to the default.

All other customizations remain saved, except for shortcuts.

EDIT: I tried 2 other times the same thing and the settings kept restoring when closing and opening creo, at the 3rd attempt it managed to work and my shortcuts got saved.

I think it was some sort of bug, btw thanks for the help Fried, much appreciated.

Hmmm... sounds like a Windows problem?! Normally, this really should work...

for your info: if you open a Windows Explorer, and type this:

%appdata%

in the address bar, you'll be directed to the Application Data folder. From there, you can follow the path to

PTC\Creo Elements Direct Modeling xxxx\<version number>

The folder with the version number contains all your user customizations.

Each time you quit Modeling, the data will be updated.

So, if you want to export your user settings to another computer, open and quit Modeling once on the new computer, so that the folder is created, then replace it with the <version> folder of the old computer.

Thank you Jaap,

the %appdata% had slipped my mind currently

But the rest I do daily.

I use the program SyncToy to synchronize my customization files between my computers at work and at home .

So I always have the same environment and spare to make any adjustments two times.

Congratulation !

As says chips after many attempts

At the end you did it.

Windows is Murphy and the answer is 42

Until next time

Best regards

Friedhelm

Chips.jpg

Top Tags