cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

I dont want feature dimensions included on corresponding layer.

chewdogg02
1-Newbie

I dont want feature dimensions included on corresponding layer.

I have dimensions disappearing from my drawing when layers curve, datum plane, etc are set to hidden. The feature dimensions have been added to the layer automatically due to what I am guessing is the config option |collect_dims_in_active_layer| which is set to yes by default. (config issue we are trying to sort out for a customer we are working with)

I have now set this config to no but it only affects features created from this point on.

Does anyone know how I can correct the features that have already been created with the config option set to Yes?

Creo2

Date Code: M100

Thanks

David Cress

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

You can select dimensions and remove them from the layer(s) you don't want them on.

Since they were effectively manually added, as opposed to being there by configurable rule, it requires manual removal.

I think there is no 'remove unwanted objects from layer' setting.

You can create and save a Search query to use with a mapkey to make the process a little less onerous.

You should be able to swing something with ModelCHECK.

I'd look into...

LAYER_MOVE (.MCH file) turns on the ability to use the move layer functionality.
PRT_LAYER_MOVE (.MCS file) defines which layers are to be removed, what layer they are to be replaced with (and of course all the items are moved to the new layer)

With that config set, when the objects are moved to the new layer it should leave the dimensions behind.

If that doesn't work, there is a longer, clunkier way to use ModelCHECK to get you to your end result.

Top Tags