cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Incomplete data structure and file access problems with network drive in Creo

msedlaczek
1-Newbie

Incomplete data structure and file access problems with network drive in Creo

Hello everybody,

our CAD files are stored on a network drive. In Windows the data structure is shown correctly. If i want to open the files through Creo I'm not able to see any creo files. Some folders are empty sometimes even without folders. If I try to open the prt. files directly from the drive through the windows explorer Creo get stuck in the startup and nothing happens and I have to kill the process.

I just get a new workstation with win 8.1 the OS was win 7. With Win 7 everything works fine. But at the moment there is no option to go back to Win7,

Do someone have an idea how to fix it?

Thanks for help I really appreciate it.

Bests,

Marc Sedlaczek

PS:

Here are the System Specs:

Intel Xeon E3-1246 v3

16 GB ECC RAM

Nvidia Quadro K620

Win 8.1

Fileserver: Apple

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Marc,

copy some .prt file from server to local disk and try to open it in Creo. I hope that you will be able to open part from local disk.

I guess that the problem is between Win8.1 and Apple fileserver.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

What version of Creo? Creo Elements/Pro 5 (also known as WF5) is not compatible with 8.1, nor is Creo 1.0. Creo 2.0 is compatible with 8.1 starting with M100.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

MartinHanak Working with local files works! This is a good temporary solution to go on with my work but this is a total annoying process in long-term view.  

Doug Schaefer‌: I'm using  Creo 3.0 M030

Marc,

now you can ask your IT department to "update" file sharing between Win8.1 and Apple fileserver.

Unfortunatelly PTC does not support Apple Mac OS X. Also our company does not use Apple platform. So finding solution is up to you ...

Good luck!

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags