cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

License and install problems

AndrewBuckley
1-Newbie

License and install problems

I have paid for the student edition of pro-e. I have repeatedly (6 times) tried to download and install this program. I'm an Indiana State University student through distance education so I'm not sure what I need to do to get connection with the schools licensing if I have to. When I try to submit the license code that I have it tells me it cannot reach the pro-e server at all. I do not know how to recieve my host-id. I have a license file I've connected to the program and the program starts to install, but it locks up at 2% and never moves past this point. If ANYONE can help me with this it would be greatly appriciated. I'm in a class that is already almost 2 weeks through it's semester and I haven't even gotten the program installed. I've tried calling PTC but they refuse to help me since the student version doesn't provide technical support.

3 REPLIES 3

I just wanted to improve my post and explain that I bought the pro-e wildfire 5.0 student edition.

Probably you should try to download the full program if offered to you, which I believe is a 3.6 gigabyte ZIP file.

Also don't use Internet Explorer for this, it does not have a very good download capability.

Firefox is a bit better, and can resume if the download is stopped or your internet connection is unreliable and drops you.

The best choice would be a dedicated download utility, which I haven't used in a while, but "GetRight" comes to mind.

I have PROE Wildfire 2.0 Student Edition I have had for many years. On the back of it it references www.ProEStudent.com. I would think you could find more information about it there. I remember when I would install it on a different computer or when I did a reformat I had to email PTC to get a new license file. It think it was automated & they would send me the new file within 24 hours. What your describing sounds like the problem I had when I tried to use the license file after I got a new computer. I believe the license file is specific for the MAC ID & if this changes you have to get a new license file.

Hope this helps.

Top Tags