cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

License request failed for feature

yjian
1-Newbie

License request failed for feature

I have just finished installing CREO 3.0 64-bit to my mac parallels desktop(windows 8.1) using IE as my browser, and when I try to open any of the programs, an error message pops up stating "License request failed for feature". if I click "ok", it just shut down.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 1.38.38 PM.png

I've already tried the license i got from email, but it still doesn't work.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 1.46.46 PM.png

If I try to login, I just can't make it. But i am very sure that i've typed in the correct user name and password.

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 1.40.22 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:yjian)

Hi,

MAC address included in your license file is equal to MAC address shown at the end of your Reply. This means that the license file is valid and installation procedure (when you provide path to license file) should create parametric.psf file in Creo3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory.

Open parametric.psf file in Notepad. It must contain 2 important lines:

---

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=full_path_to_license_file

---

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student3 ()

---

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

actually the only way how to install Creo is entering path to license file. Please check if this file is valid - I mean if it contains MAC address of network card installed in your PC.

Note: If you publish picture of your license file, I can check its contents for you.

To get MAC address of network card, open ​Command Prompt​ window and run ​ipconfig  /all​ command.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hello,

Thanks for replying, the following are my license file and the MAC address of my windows 8.1 system.

Please check it for me, i've tried to install Creo3.0 for a few days...

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 9.48.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 9.49.06 PM.png

MAC address

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 9.43.32 PM.png

MartinHanak
24-Ruby II

Hi,

MAC address included in your license file is equal to MAC address shown at the end of your Reply. This means that the license file is valid and installation procedure (when you provide path to license file) should create parametric.psf file in Creo3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory.

Open parametric.psf file in Notepad. It must contain 2 important lines:

---

ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=full_path_to_license_file

---

ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=CREOPMA_Student3 ()

---

MH

Martin Hanák

Finally solved my problem! Thank you!

Top Tags