cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

ME10 License Server MELs 64bit

TS_2331168
5-Regular Member

ME10 License Server MELs 64bit

Hello community,

I'm running a very old MELS on a VM (Win7, 32bit) for an also old version of ME10 8.7

The VM runs only for the MELS and the software is getting older and older and I want to install it directly on my server (Win2012R2, 64bit)

Sadly the old setup cannot run under this new OS.

Has anyone an idea where I can find a MELS-setup which can run under 64bit?

I searched, but found nothing... 😞

regards

8 REPLIES 8
TS_2331168
5-Regular Member
(To:VladimirN)

The "Link" results in a Website where I'm not authorized to download anything.

I read the "Topic" but there is also no solution for a download. But there was a friendly community member who sends the setup to the thread owner.

@TS_2331168 wrote:

Hello community,

I'm running a very old MELS on a VM (Win7, 32bit) for an also old version of ME10 8.7

The VM runs only for the MELS and the software is getting older and older and I want to install it directly on my server (Win2012R2, 64bit)

Sadly the old setup cannot run under this new OS.

Has anyone an idea where I can find a MELS-setup which can run under 64bit?

I searched, but found nothing... 😞

regards

Hi,

I do not know the solution ... I am curious, only.

Does this mean that when you double-click setup.exe (or something like that) then nothing happens ?

Did you start setup.exe from command prompt ?

Note: Maybe installer is 16-bit and therefore it does not run on 64-bit OS.

Question: Can you upload installer ?

Martin Hanák
TS_2331168
5-Regular Member
(To:MartinHanak)

When I double click setup.exe the OS says that this version cannot run under 64bit.

Yes, maybe this is a old 16bit file.

Why do you want the setup file?

@TS_2331168 wrote:

When I double click setup.exe the OS says that this version cannot run under 64bit.

Yes, maybe this is a old 16bit file.

Why do you want the setup file?

Hi,

I asked for setup file to test it in my Windows 10 64-bit for you. Otherwise I don't need it.

I found simple AutoIt script https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/libfunctions/_WinAPI_GetBinaryType.htm which enables user to recognize the type of exe file.

Martin Hanák
TS_2331168
5-Regular Member

I also tested it with compatibility mode in Win10 64bit, Server 2012R2 -always with no success. I think the software is really too old. I guess its from 1998 😕

@TS_2331168 wrote:

I also tested it with compatibility mode in Win10 64bit, Server 2012R2 -always with no success. I think the software is really too old. I guess its from 1998 😕

Hi,

my last tip ...

1.]

In Windows 7 check MELS processes whether they are 16-bit or 32-bit.

2.]

If they are 32-bit then copy MELS installation directory to Windows 64-bit and create MELS service manually.

Martin Hanák
TS_2331168
5-Regular Member

Sorry, I'm not able to run this script and find it out right now. But I'm quiet sure, that this is a 16bit setup file.

I think the solution would be a new setup file with 64 compatibility.

Top Tags