cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Need New Dell Computer for Running Pro|E Wildfire, Creo, ETC.

NEALROSENBLUM
1-Newbie

Need New Dell Computer for Running Pro|E Wildfire, Creo, ETC.

All,

I have been running Pro|E on a Dell M90 for about 5 years, and before that on a Dell Inspiron 8200 for about 5 years. The hardware has worked very well with Pro|E and the tech support through Dell has been EXCELLENT. I have always purchased Dell's Gold Support, so my computer gets fixed within 24 hours by a technician who comes to my office. On my M90 I have had the cooling fans replaced a couple of times, the Nvidia graphics card replaced 4 times, and the mother board replaced one time. I have never been slowed down formore than a day here or there with repairs. While my computer has had many repairs, I would have to say that my overall experience with Dell has been EXCELLENT!

Being that my warranty runs out in October and my M90 will be 5 years old, Dell will no longer sell me an extended warranty for my computer, so it is time to start looking for a new one. While I would love a desktop computer, I think that it is in my best interests to purchase a laptop so that I can be mobile when necessary.

So the BIG question is: WHAT SHOULD I BUY? SPECS? HARDWARE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRO|E? ETC.

TIA.

Sincerely,
Neal Rosenblum
Geometrix Engineering, Inc.
201 N. 13th Avenue
Hollywood, FL 33019
Ph: 954-920-2049
Fax: 954-920-9574
Cell: 954-649-9399
neal@geometrixeng.c

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags