cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Need to modify path in license text file?

rsanders-2
1-Newbie

Need to modify path in license text file?

I am upgrading to Creo Parametric 3.0, and I have received a new license "lm_xxxxxx_standard.txt" for this. I have notes from a similar license upgrade indicating that I needed to modify the license text to complete the deamon path that starts: DEAMON ptc_d __PTCD_PATH.

My notes are not clear on how, of if, I actually did this. Can anyone point me to specific instructions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Richard,

1. Open old license file from server (license.dat) from installation location of license server.

2. Copy server and daemon line

3. Overwrite Server and Daemon line in new license file > Save the license

4. Rename license.dat as license.dat_old (in installation location of license server)

5. Rename new license as license.dat and move that to license folder in installation location of license manager.

6. Restart the service for license manager

I hope this will help you.

Note: New license file should be on same MAC address (Host ID) as in old license.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Richard,

your question isn't in right place Ryan Kelley‌ will move it.

You can type in the right upper corner to search for similar question.

In your case, if you have already a license file, simply copy the two rows which contain "server" and "deamon" in place of those present in TS file.

Marco

I've moved this discussion into our PTC Creo‌ product community and unmarked Marco Tosin‌'s answer as correct, so that when a correct answer to this issue is provided it can be marked accordingly.

Thanks again to Marco for notifying me about moving this discussion to the correct place.

Richard,

1. Open old license file from server (license.dat) from installation location of license server.

2. Copy server and daemon line

3. Overwrite Server and Daemon line in new license file > Save the license

4. Rename license.dat as license.dat_old (in installation location of license server)

5. Rename new license as license.dat and move that to license folder in installation location of license manager.

6. Restart the service for license manager

I hope this will help you.

Note: New license file should be on same MAC address (Host ID) as in old license.

Richard,

1. locate your current license.dat file
  2. make a backup copy of license.dat
  3. open license.dat in Notepad
  4. open lm_xxxxxx_standard.txt in Notepad
  5. in opened license.dat select two lines beginning with SERVER & DAEMON and put them into Clipboard - CTRL+C
  6. in opened lm_xxxxxx_standard.txt select two lines beginning with SERVER & DAEMON and replace them from Clipboard - CTRL+V
  7. in opened lm_xxxxxx_standard.txt select all lines - CTRL+A and put them into Clipboard - CTRL+C
  8. in opened license.dat select all lines - CTRL+A, remove them - DELETE and replace them from Clipboard - CTRL+V
  9. save license.dat and close Notepad
  10. close lm_xxxxxx_standard.txt - do not Save in Notepad
  11. restart license manager

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Richard,

Are you able to make changes in license referring the replies on this post? You may mark appropriate reply as correct answer.

Mahesh, I am unable to find a place to mark a reply as correct.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:rsanders-2)

On the various replies, there should be a box below each answer. Just click on the one you want.

Top Tags