cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

OpenGL message “lost connection”

Dmi3U
15-Moonstone

OpenGL message “lost connection”

Hi All!

I got a user who is getting "The NVIDIA OpenGL driver lost connection with the display driver due to exceeding the Windows time-out and is unable to continue..."

NVIDIA has with as an explanation and solution

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3007/session/L3RpbWUvMTM3ODg5NzY1Ny9zaWQvRWFsX2YyQWw%3D

PTC TS India is clueless!

I had to change registry to increase TDR.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:Dmi3U)

Dmitry,

We've experienced the same issue as well with both laptops and desktops. We've discovered that it is also related to the graphics card heating up when driving more than one monitor and running OpenGL apps. We leave the registry settings alone and have the users clean the dust off their machines, prop up the laptopsor move the desktops to provide better ventilation, and use a fan to help air circulation as well. Shutting the machine off at night also helps. I personally had the issue daily until I did the above, and now it's very rare that it happens at all. It's never happened when I'm just using the laptop monitor alone without a second monitor.

Dan N.

Top Tags