cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

PDF size automatically created by Model Manager?

mmaenpaa
10-Marble

PDF size automatically created by Model Manager?

Is it possible to change the sheet size of the PDF that is automatically created by Model Manager / Drawing Manager when saving the drawing in Creo Elements Direct Drafting 18.1?

We use B size (11x17) foramt and when using Store All, the PDF that is created is A4.

I'm assuming that it's possible, because previous revisions of drawings have the correct size, but when saving a new revision or a new drawing it now saveas as an A4 size.

Anyone able to help with this?

Thanks!

Mike

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not sure which script is setting the size to A4, but I did discover that PLOT_FORMAT and PLOT_VIEWPORT determine the size. So, I can at least change those manually and save at desired size.

Mike

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:mmaenpaa)

We have some customization which changed the default size from A4 to "A", plus a lot of other customization. I can't tell you exactly what the process is because we have some much other customization. But I can tell you that we have a file called "am_Plot_PDF-US.lsp" which specifies a printer to use: ":PDF_US_A". And we have a file, "am_Plot_PrinterStyle_PDF_US_A.lsp" which specifies the paper size (as "A", the orientation, and the type as ":PDF". I believe that the files were created by just going into the Print menu, setting the printer type to "PDF", and then adjusting the paper size and other parameters.

I can't tell you where to put those files because your setup is going to be different than ours.

Peter,

Thank you for your responese. I don't have the .lsp files you mentioned so those must be custom for your needs.The seetings in the Print dialog don't have any effect on the PDF that Model Manager creates via the chech box or via Add PDF.

Thanks,

Mike

Create_PDF_in_Save_Dialog.png

I'm not sure which script is setting the size to A4, but I did discover that PLOT_FORMAT and PLOT_VIEWPORT determine the size. So, I can at least change those manually and save at desired size.

Mike

What have found that the default printer setup determines how the PDF is created in ModelManager. We set up our own printer style and made it the default printer. Now all of our PDF's generated for ModelManager are the same.

print-settings.JPG

Creo Element\Direct Modeling 20.6.0.0.0
Top Tags