cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

PE will not start

ptc-3013260
1-Newbie

PE will not start

Sometimes I try to start PE and I can hear the hard drive responding, but nothing else happens. Other times I get a startup window, plus, in another window,the message that I've copied below. Then, after I hit ok, there's a message about no valid license behind it. Any suggestions? More of the error message below. I checked and the file is indeed in that directory. "This application has encountered an error: 0x0, with the following description: The operation completed successfully. Additonal information: Unable to load the main module: C:\Program Files ...blah blah blah 0xC000007B blah blah blah" Other recent, possibly unrelated problems that might be clues: the little Google window on upper right of Firefox crashes. Spambot in other CoCreate group says I'm not using the right format when I type in the words. I think this started around the same time I started seeing a weird little window about plug ins. A window that wasn't very clear about what I was supposed to do. I sorta guess this might be some kind of Microsoft issue, but I don't know. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, looks like - reading posts on the internet - you need to verify your .net framework installed on your machine and to verify that this is still properly installed and configured. You may request help from your IT group or Microsoft Forums/support pages to verify this. In such cases its always helpful to know which platform you are working on including but not limited to the service pack level.

XP Home Edition, version 2002, service pack 3 Meanwhile I guess I'll try to find out about this .net business Thanks

This could be an issue with the Microsoft .net framework. Here is a link to a Microsoft knowledge base article on the .net framework http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785 Or, it could be caused by the WORM_KLEZ.E virus or one of its variations.[/url]

Thanks. I updated the .net to 3.5, but it didn't help. I should probably mention that the caption for the window with the error message is "Xenocode Virtual Appliance Runtime" The computer did have a virus, but I'm pretty sure I managed to get rid of it with Avast. Kates-Al virus, apparently. Another clue is that, when I tried to do a system recover with CD's on a new hard drive, it says that my computer is the wrong model. That's baloney since I've used the disks once before with this same computer, and with the same motherboard, etc.
Top Tags