cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Parametric 2.0 - Setting Default Workspace/Save/Open

ptc-5382685
1-Newbie

Parametric 2.0 - Setting Default Workspace/Save/Open

Hi All

I am just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction...

I want to set the default workspace to a network drive, so when they open or save a file or do anything it auto defaults to their personal network drive.

Is there a config file i can edit somewhere? Then i can send it out over GP.

Any help would be aprreciated

Thanks

Scott

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Scott,

I guess that you do not use Windchill PDMLink. If this is true then you simply store your data on network drive.

You can force Creo Parametric 2.0 to work in working directory - add the following option into config.pro:

FILE_OPEN_DEFAULT_FOLDER WORKING_DIRECTORY

To enable user to access his personal directory, put the appropriate information into Start in field of shortcut used to start Creo Parametric 2.0. For example Z:%USERNAME%

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Thank You for your reply.

Where is the config.pro file and do i just add FILE_OPEN_DEFAULT_FOLDER WORKING_DIRECTORY to the end and add the correct drive?

Sorry only started using this software yesterday

Thanks

Scott

Scott,

I have installed Creo Parametric 2.0 M070 into C:\PTC\Creo2_M070 directory.

PTC installer created default config.pro in C:\PTC\Creo2_M070\Creo 2.0\Common Files\M070\text directory.

I added FILE_OPEN_DEFAULT_FOLDER WORKING_DIRECTORY into it and attached it to this reply.

The second attachment is a screenshot of shortcup definition.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Ok i have another problem though with this, we dont use the .ink shortcut as we are using this as a remote app so it uses the .exe direct. Is there anyother way to change the directory other than the shortcut.

Cheers

Scott

Scott,

can you give me more detailed information about the way you start Creo Parametric 2.0 ?

If you run parametric.exe directly why you do not set working directory first (using cd command) ?

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

If you run parametric.exe directly why you do not set working directory first (using cd command) ?

Because each user needs to save/open in there own personal drive and not on the local computer.

Cheers

Scott

Hi Martin

I think i might of got around the remote app think, i created a .CMD file which includes the following

Start "Parametric" /d "j:" "C:\Software\Technology\PTC\Creo 2.0\Parametric\bin\parametric.exe"

Then in my remote app manager i run the CMD instead of the actual program. these seems to work.

I will do a few more test and confirm all is ok.

Cheers

Scott

Top Tags