cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Windows 7 firewall license issue Creo1

BengtSalmose
1-Newbie

Windows 7 firewall license issue Creo1

W7 firewall on license server , prevent Creo1 on XP from getting license .

From license file

"

SERVER HDX PTC_HOSTID=xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx 7788

DAEMON ptc_d "C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Admin License Server\x86e_win64\obj\ptc_d.exe" "C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Admin License Server\licensing\ptc.opt" port=7789

"

All TCP/UDP ports in and out for Xtop , nmsd , pro_comm_msg and lmadmin is open but it doesn´t help.

But if incoming TCP port 7788-65535 ( not only 7788 to for example 17171) for all services (not only lmadmin ) is opened it works fine so there is some more service more than lmadmin needing some ports opened ! There is no more services in the list in firewall setup that I can se belongs to Ptc or licensing .

4 REPLIES 4

Bengt,

I think that lmadmin.exe uses port 7788 and ptc_d.exe uses port 7789. So you have to open port for ptc_d.exe.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Since I checked out the license yesterday with the PTC Borrow command , I can´t test it until tomorow.

I found the windows firewall log ( Not easy to find ) . Ptc_d.exe is blocked , incomming TCP random ports . All I found was in between 49000-59999.

I tested license with or without "C:\Program Files\FLEXnet Admin License Server\licensing\ptc.opt" port=7789" but in firewall log there is no 7789 blocking so perhaps this licens file option is something not used anymore.

Bengt,

according to https://www.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS45348 adding port keyword is OK.

I do not use FLEXnet 11 available in Creo installation package. I still use FLEXnet 10.8 available in ProE WF5 installation package. This older FLEXnet works with Creo software and I know how it works. Maybe you can try to uninstall FLEXnet 11 and replace it with FLEXnet 10.8, too.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Have solved it , using flexnet 11.8 :

You can open windows firewall to let LMADMIN and PTC_D ( as service is enough ) to get all incoming TCP through.

This works fine on your internal lan

OR perhaps it better if you have also to go to some other external firewall

Configure flexnet by it´s webapplication "Flexnet Licens Administrator" to not use default ports :

Server configuration "use this port" set it to 7788

Vender daemon configuration / administer / use this port" set it to 7789

Make an new rule in firewalls to open 7788 - 7789

Top Tags