cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Parts modified when saving assembly

Canopys
1-Newbie

Parts modified when saving assembly

Hi all,

Sometimes, when saving an assembly, some components are modified too, although they were not touch... Then they appear as modified in the workspace and need to be ckeched out or updated.

Does anyone has an idea ?

Thanks.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Same has happened on numerous occasions. Replies I have received are "the part was made pre-WILDFIRE" "file was created and never promoted" etc.

My solution:

Go to your workspace, highlight the file (assuming you have checked it in), right click, click on "Change Status".

Change Status window appears. Highlight the file again, change the WorkSpace Status to "Read Only", click on "close"

Next time you save the assembly, the files that are "Read Only" are bypassed by Pro/E; therefore, never modified.

When I am assigned a task (like an Engineering Change), first thing I do is Highlight ALL the files that I know

will not be touched. Another benefit-faster save and regeneration times.

Hope this helps

Canopys
1-Newbie
(To:ivelez)

Thanks for your answer. This could be a solution to avoid having to update modified models. But I am just wondering why they are modified. Investigating the model it looks as though nothing change. It is really odd...

The "official" response?

"...some parts are pre 2001 version and if Wildfire does not recognize them it will consider it a 'new' part..."

Now to me this sounds like yet another "quirk" of Pro-E (mind you, I am not complaining, just stating

what I've been hearing for 14 years). Anyway, as I stated before, check in those "modified" parts,

then change their status to "Read Only". Your administrator could then change the design level

to "Production", and you have good chance of not having the "modified" stamp come up for that particular

file.

Top Tags