cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Pro/Program Replace through Interchange Assembly not functioning in Creo 3

rroveto
1-Newbie

Pro/Program Replace through Interchange Assembly not functioning in Creo 3

I'm just curious if Creo 3/0 has made changes or added config.pro options that might affect the nature of how Interchange Assemblies function with Pro/program? I have used this approach extensively for many years with no issues. I have four components (assemblies) in my interchange assembly (example: A, B, C and D). When the assembly relations call for A all is fine. I can change from A to B, A to C, A to D with no problems but I can't go from B to C or B to D or , from C to D or C to B and so on but I can go back to A. If I start with A, then I can change it to any of them but from B, C, or D I get the the typical cryptic error message of "Pro/Program replace of component XXXX (M8685) failed in Assembly YYYY, Aborting regeneration due to failures executing Pro/Program". My reference within the interchange assembly is one CSYS.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Creo3.0 M010 Flex 3C

Richard

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2
vzak
6-Contributor
(To:rroveto)

Hi Richard

Does your interchange assembly has a mapping of respective CSYS for all 4 assemblies (TAG created) ? if

Did the change from B to C work in any previous version and just stopped working in Creo03 ?

if the answer is Yes I'd encourage you to open a TS call for development to investigate the issue. Described capability is supported (replace B by C or D) and in general case works in Creo03 same as in previous versions.

Thanks

- Vlad

rroveto
1-Newbie
(To:vzak)

The Reference tag is created in each assembly. I can't validate if it worked in previous versions because I just created this brand new interchange assembly in Creo3. In the same assembly, I have older Components that are part of older Interchange assemblies and they still work. For some reason, I can't get this new one to work. My next step is to approach the helpdesk for a complete investigation. I was just wondering if might be a known issue since. We are using M010 which, naturally, should have some issues in it being one of the first versions.

Another tell that I think something is wrong is the fact that when I try to manually replace a component that is part of an Interchange assembly, the dialogue box shows the "by Interchange Assembly" options available but when I try to manually replace that specific component the option is greyed out.

Richard

Top Tags