cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Problem with reinstalling license

lwloskowicz
4-Participant

Problem with reinstalling license

Hi

When my OS was updated to Win10 I had some problems with running CreO 3.0 (student license to Jan 01 ,2016) so I did uninstall CreO 3.0 with all components..Now when I try install once again the software I can not pass successfully the " Install Licensing" step.  I still receive message "Error" The path C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing of coure there is with

file BK400..._license.dat from Jan 01,2015.I do not know what to do else. Many thanks for help.

Ludwika

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ludwika,

I have some information for you .

BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file contains license named CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3 (it contains Educational License Node Locked Option).

BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat file contains license named CREOPMA_Student3 (it contains Student Node Locked Option).

I created two psf files for these two licenses:

parametric1_BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12.psf

parametric2_BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL.psf

Move both psf files to Creo3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory and launch Creo. You will see small window containing following lines:

CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3

CREOPMA_Student3

Choose one of them and click OK.

MH

Martin Hanák

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Ludwika,

I suggest you to drag and drop BK400..._license.dat file to Source field. If this causes an erro the Skip licensing, finish the installation and then run reconfigure.exe to define startup command.

source.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

Early I skiped licensing and finished installation process, but when I tried to run CreO it was failed due to the problems with the license.

Of course I did not run the reconfigure.exe. I have two files *.dat. First is dated from Oct. 04 2015 to Oct 04 2016 , and second from Jan 01 2015

to Jan 01 2016 ( from older and removed installation) .Which should be used. Sorry for my stupid question ,perhaps   but I am completely blocked in my mind.

Ludwika

Ludwika,

I think both files are OK, because current date is inside one year period. I can check their contents, if you can upload them using How to attach file when you Reply to a discussion. I am almost sure that both files contain Student license for the same MAC address.

I tested reconfigure.exe for a while and I am not sure if you can resolve your problem using this tool. Of course you can try to drag and drop license file to Source field...

You can also create startup file manually:

1.] unzip uploaded parametric.zip

2.] move parametric.psf to Creo3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory

3.] check/modify parametric.psf contents

• line 5 ... SHIPCODE=M040 ... M040 is maintenance release number ... it must be equal to Mxxx mentioned in step 2.
  • line 34 ... ENV=PTC_D_LICENSE_FILE-=full_path_to_license_file ... replace full_path_to_license_file with the current path to your license file
  • line 36 ... ENV=CREOPMA_FEATURE_NAME=PROE_Student () ... PROE_Student is name of the license, you can find it inside license file on after INCREMENT keyword

4.] save parametric.psf

5.] launch Creo

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin

First of all , many thanks for your patience.

I made  everything as was advised by you , and I got reply as below

error.jpg

I made carefully all instalation process early.

The older components of the CreO package was removed from control panel WIN.

I had  placed the name *.dat file in the source field when the "install license" window was opened . I load for your checking three file

The edu_license was installed properly and CreO was running well but without aibility to save my work. This of course does not interest me.

Excuse me but I have  changed my login name ... at least I tried

Ludwika

You might want to look in the registry. Reconfigure looks at the registry. 10-7-2015 1-12-08 PM.jpg

Ludwika,

I have some information for you .

BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12_license.dat file contains license named CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3 (it contains Educational License Node Locked Option).

BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL_license.dat file contains license named CREOPMA_Student3 (it contains Student Node Locked Option).

I created two psf files for these two licenses:

parametric1_BE400407EDSTUDENTEDK12.psf

parametric2_BK400407EDSTUDENTUNICL.psf

Move both psf files to Creo3_LOADPOINT\Creo 3.0\Mxxx\Parametric\bin directory and launch Creo. You will see small window containing following lines:

CREOPMA_SchoolSTD3

CREOPMA_Student3

Choose one of them and click OK.

MH

Martin Hanák

Dave many  thanks for you advise , but I am afraid to touch registry system.

Martin ,it works very well , many ,many thanks to you

I have one questions : or the conditions of the student license have been changed or have I new problem ?

I can not save my work on disc , the button "OK" in all windows: SAVE, SAVE a COPY   is always inactive :

save.jpg

whatever I  type in file name line , nothing  works .

I use screen keyboard.

I found solution. Windows changed  write permission .When I run CreO as admin ( I have single machine and single own account ) everything is OK.

Many thanks  once again Martin and greetings.

Dave regards.

Top Tags