cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Recent license errors... again.

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot

Recent license errors... again.

Anyone else having lost license errors recently on their single workstation installation?

I let Microsoft and Dell install some automatic updates and now I am getting locked out of my Creo 2.0 again and again.

This was a problem with my original Creo 2.0 F001 install and support put on an older version of the license manager and they mucked around with the registry. All was working well until recently.

Just wondering if it is just me.

2 REPLIES 2

We lost our license when updating to Creo 2.0 M020. Brian Martin actually helped us find the bad file before PTC got back to us. In all fairness PTC would have got back to us sooner if they didn't take down the wrong phone number.

With any hardware or Creo update we cross our fingers and hope things work.

I worked with CS yesterday and we removed the newer FlexLM (F001) license manager. When we left off last time, it seems we had two license managers running.

Also, in the registry, there was an entry (1) for the primary network card, the one the license is tied to and the second was numbered (13) which, appearantly to PTC or Windows, this makes it also look like a (1). We changed the value of the secondary network card from (13) to (2). In a sense, it was a priority conflict.

If the problem persists, it was recommended I get a locked license. So far, removing the FlexLM F001 and the registry fix has got me back to where I was.

Dell has updated the wireless card driver twice in recent months. I can only think that this is what created the new conflict in the registry. The network key is:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkCards

Top Tags